Topic: COA with 25 digits

Anyone know which changes I need to do to widen the account number fields to 25 digits ?

Thanks

Danny

PS: or someone who can accomplish this for me for a sweet cost ?

2 (edited by markr 07/08/2017 03:04:10 am)

Re: COA with 25 digits

The hard coded account code length is 15 characters. But it looks like it can be changed simply by changing the database field length and the input limitations.

I did initial testing and it appeared to work, but there's probably other areas that use the 15 character limit that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, the hard coded limit is located at \gl\manage\gl_accounts, line 244. And the table that holds the account codes is X_chart_master. If you want to play around with it.

This variable might be better off in the systems table.

Approximately 16 bytes are necessary to store 25 decimal digit number (number of bytes length of 10^26 converted to Hex). Hence without changing the field size, you can store and retrieve the nearly 25 digit number when passed through Hex to dec conversion and vice-versa or have a trigger to do so in the database on the fly. USING a higher base than 16 would bring the field width down further.

apmuthu wrote:

Approximately 16 bytes are necessary to store 25 decimal digit number (number of bytes length of 10^26 converted to Hex). Hence without changing the field size, you can store and retrieve the nearly 25 digit number when passed through Hex to dec conversion and vice-versa or have a trigger to do so in the database on the fly. USING a higher base than 16 would bring the field width down further.

Yes, but that would not affect the input and display fields, so those would definitely be changed too

Scarce screen real-estate will dictate the displayability of the 25 character account code. Enabling Alpha account codes in the config.php may be the solution to large number of account codes.