Topic: Installation Pre-Requisites

Hi,
I cannot find the detail steps of getting FrontAccount ready to use.
Please explain in detail the pre-requisites of installing FrontAccounting, e.g.:

- Windows Server version?
- Which version of MySQL server and PHP to install and from where to download and install?
- etc.

Thanks,
Abdul

Re: Installation Pre-Requisites

PHP 5.3 is recommended.
PHP 5.4/5.5 have met with success...
MySQL 5.0, 5.1, etc are okay but v5.6 should have strict date setting off.
Apache 2.2/2.4 are okay.

After upgrade from php 5.4 to 5.6, got some errors... I will post

Staring to receive the following warning on my Joomla installations that will affect Front accounting.

Warning
Your PHP version, 5.6.30, is only receiving security fixes at this time from the PHP project. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on 2018-12-31. Joomla will be faster and more secure if you upgrade to a newer PHP version (PHP 7.x is recommended).

I have PHP 7 on the servers of various websites from where I run different companies FA, but FA 2.3.25 does not work on php 7. My latest Joomla installtion runs fine.

What is the future plans for this?

Wynand

Whilst the Joomla project in it's latest avatar is being built for PHP7, the stable FA (v2.3.25+) is built for PHP 5.3.x and works with thru till PHP 5.6 without issues. Some users have tweaked FA to work with PHP 7 and later versions of MySQL (v5.7+) as well. Some tweaks to the Chart of Accounts will be necessary for MySQL 5.7 onwards unless the strict mode for dates is disabled.

Please note that using the appropriate version of PHP for which the application is designed will have the least issues in it's install / operation. The latest and greatest version of PHP / MySQL may not be appropriate in most cases of legacy software. Stable and proven versions and code you can understand and tweak yourself is one way forward that many will profess to.

Post's attachments

Migrating a PHP 5 App to PHP 7.pdf 614.5 kb, 9 downloads since 2017-05-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.