Topic: Report Redirect in New Tab

I have uncheck Use Popup for reports in my preferences.

Now report is opening in the same tab of application.

How can I modify it so that report shall open in new tab.

Any ideas?

www.boxygen.pk

Re: Report Redirect in New Tab

Allow popups in your browser options. Some browsers have a setting to open popups in new tabs.

3 (edited by boxygen 02/17/2017 02:23:35 pm)

Please help me to do it through code.

While using the browser feature the problem is that if any new report is opened the browser update the same NEW TAB just like it used to update the POP UP window.

I want to open each time a report button is clicked it goes to new tab.

By the way I am not getting forum responses in my email. Is there any problem?

www.boxygen.pk

Which browser and version are you using now and have you set up the popups appropriately?

Check your spam folder.

Whitelist:
frontacc@sh121.surpasshosting.com
frontacc@gmail.com

I have tried both chrome and firefox.

In my preferences I have marked checked Use popup window to display reports:   

Both firefox and chrome offers some plugins to manage popups but even if the report is opened in a new tab. When I click another report the same NEW TAB is updated instead of opening NEW REPORT in another NEW TAB.

I have just changed the email address and now receiving emails.

www.boxygen.pk

PM access info to check on other system.

I can't understand your reply @apmuthu.

When we need to compare 2 or three reports each other we can't because FA opens new report in the same window of previous report. Is there any solution to it?

www.boxygen.pk

Each time you have a popup of a PDF, just save it as a file and then open each in your PDF Viewing Application in separate windows and compare them.

Dear @apmuthu thats really not practical. Sometimes we need to compare reports so quickly that saving a report locally and then opening them again in a pdf reader is cumbersome.

I went into the code and finally got the solution

In utils.js file Commenting Line no 127 and adding below line solves the problem

127  //window.open(data,'REP_WINDOW','toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,menubar=no');                         128    window.open(data);

This will work when in Preferences the option to view reports in pop up window is checked.

Hope this may help others too.

Regards.

www.boxygen.pk

Another possibility (Comment 87) is to have 'REP_WINDOW' replaced with '_blank' avoiding the need to comment it out.