Topic: Supplier_description on Item picks up item description

We've entered 500+ products and then entered a lot of back dated PO's.
Most of which have items with a different Supplier code to our Item Code.
We've entered those supplier codes into the Purchasing Pricing on the Item (several per item in most cases), We added the Suppliers, the price, UOM, Conversion (if required) and then the Supplier's Code or Description.  Then we added the PO's - the Supplier codes appeared on the Print PO page (so far so good!).
However, we have now come back to add more PO's for the same products and the Supplier_description on the Item/Purchasing Pricing screen is now either empty or in most cases it contains our Item Name: details (i.e. item_codes/description). We don't want to add any more if this is a recurring bug (4 days work). I have scoured the forum but can't see any similar entry so I am thinking we've done something wrong? If so, what could this be?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Supplier_description on Item picks up item description

In a fresh blank FA install:
1. Take backup 1
2. Add a supplier.
3. Take backup 2.
4. Backup 1 & 2 diff will provide sql for supplier addition.
Do likewise for
1. adding 1 item supplied by them
2. Adding a price for it
3. Adding a POO that buys it.
Make sure everything works as desired.
Now compare with your currently entered 500+ data and POs and see what needs to be done to match them.

Re: Supplier_description on Item picks up item description

Thanks apmuthu,
I will try and sort this out ASAP and get back to you with the findings. We're at a show this weekend so it's all hands on deck for the next few days.