1 (edited by mark0300 01/29/2017 08:35:45 am)

Topic: AUDIT TRAIL

I found some issues in Audit Trail records which I think it can be made better or the data capture is not quite useful.

There are 2 issues in the Audit Trail Report/Record.  Let me elaborate.   

1.    Issue 1:  Amount in SO, DN.  The amounts of the records are not captured for Sales Order, Delivery Note.  It only starts capturing at sales invoice.   That means, if the SO or DN are changed by someone, we only know the date, time and users who change it.  But we will not know the value of the change.  It is desirable to capture the amount of each of the change of the SO or DN.  With this, we will be able to trace the date, time, the user who make the changes and the new value of each of the changes.

2.    Issue 2:  Entry disappeared from Audit Trail if a modification to the transaction is made.   For example, if I made a few changes to the same Sales Invoice (delivery qty), all the prior audit trail records Amount will be replaced by the amount of the latest version of change.  The prior changes to this invoice cannot be traced.

Since there is a table 0_audit_trail capturing all the transactions, can we add a field “amount” to capture each of the changes?  With this, the amount of each of the changes is captured and it is permanently tied to that change.  New change to the transaction will have changed amount captured to the trail records.  I am not a programmer and have little knowledge in this aspect.  Could someone advise what changes can be made?   

I have made a pdf file with screen shots to elaborate the issues:  http://www.mgatech-sg.com/AuditTrail-Mark.pdf

Thank you.

/Mark

Re: AUDIT TRAIL

First off, the Amount field is present in the standard Audit Trail Report 710.

Your PDF of the lacunae in the Audit Trail is appended to this post for forum asset self sufficiency.

The database schema for FA 2.3.x has been frozen. Any changes to it will need to be done in FA 2.4.x only.

The amount field comes from the gl_trans table. Hence it is the GL Transactions table record insertion / updation that needs to be attended to and not the reporting script per se.

Post's attachments

AuditTrail-Mark.pdf 1.5 mb, 15 downloads since 2017-01-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.