Topic: Hyperlinks in FA working only after page refresh

Hi FA people,

I have installed FA locally and have an intermittent problem: the hypertext links in frontaccounting do not respond. But they do respond after a page refresh with CTRL-R or F5.

I've had intermittent results within a session.
I have also had 100% response within another session.

I have not yet figured out whether this issue arises within or across logins, companies, FA sessions, browser sessions or Debian sessions.

Please let me know:
1. how to fix this or
2. what info you need on my system or
3. what tests to do to analyze this.

Running Debian, Firefox with some security add-ons, apache, mysql.

Thanks for the effort,

Eric Groen
Administratiestudio.nl

Happilly getting to know FA...

Eric Groen, Administratiestudio.nl

Re: Hyperlinks in FA working only after page refresh

I've seen something similar, where links (to other tabs, I believe) appeared dead. I found, however, that dragging them into the browser's address field triggered the page request.

My best guess is that the click gets intercepted by some Javascript event handler.

That rings a bell for me, TM.
I have now simply put "localhost" in the whitelist of Noscript in Firefox.
I will be testing the results the coming hours and report back here.

"localhost" in the whitelist of Noscript in Firefox does not resolve the issue.

If my guess is right, you should rather add it to the blacklist. That will screw up the AJAX stuff, but should confirm whether it is indeed Javascript which effectively disables the link.

Be careful, though. It seems bad things can happen if the AJAX calls fail.

There is a cert8.db file in your Firefox installation / data folder. Delete it. Close all browser invocations and then then open it afresh. The said file will get created with sane working defaults.

7 (edited by ericgroen 11/25/2015 04:43:29 pm)

Thanks for the suggestion Apmuthu,
I tested removing cert8.db several times extensively but this does not resolve the issue entirely.
Links in frontaccounting kept unresponsive here and there, some of the time.
So far, a window refresh always helped as a workaround (CTRL-R or F5).

Currently started a test with ALL add-ons (most security and privacy related) disabled.
IF it stays away, I'll test with enabling add-ons one by one, while writing down the results.

Maybe this relates to another issue I have:
I have entered 36000 seconds inactivity timeout, but often the Frontaccounting session ends (much) sooner. I'll make a separate post about this issue.

For the rest, Frontaccounting works nicely and I'm very happy I discovered it. :-)

Disabling all Iceweasel (Firefox) add-ons does not help.

Running as 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost does not help either.

Does it have anything to do with cache settings of the browser? There may be a setting in includes/session.inc where preventHijacking() will cause such mischief unintentionally. Comment out the unnecessary bits of code there.

Apmuthu,
I do find /var/www/frontaccountingdir/includes/session.inc
I presume this is the file you mean.
There are two occurrences of preventHijacking in the code, but I have no PHP programming skills at this time, so I do not know which part to comment out.

Replace line 35:

if(!$this->preventHijacking())

with

if(1 == 0)

Hi Apmuthu,

Thanks for your reply.
I still had no fix for this.
I've implemented this fix, tested for about fifteen minutes and: so far so good.
Will be testing some more real soon and report back results of more testing here.

It's about time to get going with production work in FA...
Just have been so busy getting ready for move to off the grid log house in Sweden!

Keep up the good FA work!

Regards, Eric

Hi, I also have same issue on 2.3.25 version, very annoying. I have tested on Chrome, Internet explorer and same unresponsive links after 15 -20 minutes. Let me know if there are any working fix for this?

@trecords: Use the latest version 2.3.25+. State your Browser/Server/Platform/PHP versions. Clear cache of browser.

@ericgroen: Clear cache of browser. Test with latest version and provide feedback.

Hi All,
Hi Apmuthu
is this problem already solved?

as many others, i also face this problem, and after some googling, and lead me here, i upgrade the version to the suggested by apmuthu (https://github.com/FrontAccountingERP/FA/archive/master.zip)
yet, i still have the problem

bit wonder, that this topic seems solved since no continue regarding this topic here

really need help from you guys

thanks

17 (edited by apmuthu 12/26/2016 04:33:08 pm)

As this is specific to very few installs, please use the suggested workaround in the 12th post in this thread referring to includes/session.inc file.