Topic: 2.3RC3 can't add contact

I tried to add new contact to both a  customer and a vendor.

On the vendor, clicked purchases tab, clicked suppliers link, selected a supplier,  clicked contacts tab, clicked button add new, typed in entries into first name, last name, reference, selected deliver from contact active for, clicked button add and got error msg:
The contact name cannot be empty.

I had a name there and seems contacts_view.inc checks to see if name is empty or not.

Does the same thing when I try to add a contact for a customer.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Re: 2.3RC3 can't add contact

This is a bug which was resolved some time ago. Look at Mantis bugtracker report 273. Here you will find changed files.

Janusz

Sorry, I mean bug report 274 and attached files.
Janusz

Thanks, Janusz but I have not been able to log onto Mantis, does not accept my FA forum login/pw then I tried to create a new user and that failed also, never got an email back.

What can I do?

Thanks for info - i cant even get mantis to download is ther no way the files can be posted in the forum?? so we can download :-}}

I'm not sure what you mean sakeith. Mantis just works - click the link in this forum title on main FA forum screen.
Janusz

Thanks i finally got registered and downloaded the files - thanks for your help, but i still have one small problem i add teh contact and create a invoice and process the invoice and choose mail invoice and i get html page confirming it has been sent but i have not received anything and i have tried to 2 different mail accounts. Is there something else i must do??

many thanks again

Have you checked your spam folder. For some reasons it may land there.

/Joe

i will check, i thought it was because i was using open office (as the export to excel did not work) so i bought microsoft office and now the export works but the e-mail tells me it is gone but does not get delivered???

what would the address be that it comes from maybe i canb whitelist that?? or does it come from my own address??

It would be from the email set in the Company Setup, Setup tab.

/Joe

Hi checked that, and it is set-up correct even tried setting to another mail account but still the same - i have looked at my spam firewall which shows me all records of mail been sent and received via that domain and it does not appear in that tells me that it is not going, is there something that needs to be set-up or installed on the linux server?? i have even set up a dummy account and applied required fixes and still the same result - any other ideas?????

No I don't think so, but let us hope that Janusz sees this. He might have a comment on this. He is using Linux.

/Joe

To send invoices by email  contact mailbox address have to be  set on  contact record related to invoicing for given customer branch.

i have set the contact mail address, i have selected that all options general, invoices e.t.c go to same address or must it only be set to go one place e.g deliveries one person invoices another person??

The html page tells me that it has gone, but nothing arrives???

I don't know. Mail php function highly relies on server system settings. Unfortunately mail parameters diagnostics is not very good in current version, we will improve it a little in 2.3.2
Janusz

ok guys thanks will just have to wait :-{{ when do we expect 2.3.2 to be released or available?? if you do just that part i dont mind beta testing for you, i have a unique set-up where i have customers who are suppliers and suppliers who are customer (basically a multi level or tier selling platform)

a nightmare really :-}}

Apparently "The contact name cannot be empty." is still a bug in 2.3.24 6 years later. I can add a contact when I initially create a customer. But I can not change that contact or add a new one. Doesn't matter if I fill in any/all fields First/Last/Reference.

19 (edited by apmuthu 11/12/2016 03:54:12 pm)

State which version of FA you are using and what what versions of PHP/MySQL/OS for the server.
Test with the latest version of the stable FA Release.