Topic: prices

Is it possible to disable the text box where you enter the price? the salesman should not change prices

Re: prices

this matter is iam thinking..
1 -like negative stock message it should give a message if the cost goes below std material cost even if the admin wants to change the price and it be possible for admin or for the one authorised
2- the text box for the price should not be editable for the sales man.he can use the price sheet(sales type).it must be controlled  at aceess level.
for the time being ,it is possible to know which user changed the selling price ...
if find any solution kindly post..
thanks mosha3d.. i was unable to express this problem

Allowing or not change of prices by salesman is part of company's internal policy. Unfortunatelly  readonly access to price field is not supported in FA for now, but this is good candidate to be implemented in next releases.

Janusz

4 (edited by fauser 12/21/2010 07:08:21 pm)

in front accounting the discount is % ,but if we want to give discount in amount total,there is no option. in Phreebooks they provide it. very useful in some situations;

2. we hope an option when we start the new company,whether it is account only or inventry with accounts.

itronics wrote:

Allowing or not change of prices by salesman is part of company's internal policy. Unfortunatelly  readonly access to price field is not supported in FA for now, but this is good candidate to be implemented in next releases.

Janusz

Hi,

Is the Readonly Access to Price Field now supported in FA?

6 (edited by albertolima 08/10/2017 02:07:18 pm)

Locking the price textbox is implemented here, but not in a clean FA way.

/includes/ui/ui_input.inc
Modified functions in order to account for an additional variable to lock the price textbox.
function amount_cells
function amount_cells_ex

/includes/ui/ui_lists.inc
Modified to disallow users to change the payment terms
function sale_payment_list

/sales/includes/ui/sales_credit_ui.inc
added line 287 to lock price textbox on credit notes

/sales/includes/ui/sales_order_ui.inc
added line 539 to lock price textbox on sales invoices and quotations

This is not at all a standard FA modification, but it does the job for me at the moment, while I/we find time to implement it cleanly. A good clean modification should disallow the salesman from the FA access menu, in a standard manner.
The files on the attached zip FA-LockCells.zip contain the modifications.

You may try on a test environment unzipping on the FA root folder and see if it fits your need.
These files attached here are for a v2.3.25 setup. I have done the same for v2.4rc.

This is a snapshot of the sales quotation form once implemented.

@joe: This is very essential atleast in FA 2.4 - can implement it by making a certain role feature permission in the access roles - a back port too would be in order as there is no db change needed.

I will address this to Janusz.

Joe