1 (edited by apmuthu 09/24/2016 04:36:45 am)

Re: Instrallation FA

FA 2.4 RC1 was released on 2016-02-23. Since then there have been several fixes attached here.

Potential issues with language changes from disparate charsets is discussed here. In most instances it will need a removal of Byte Order Mark (BOM) from the core files. This generally affects windows users on distributions like WAMP.

I have tried to install front accounting on Windows XAMPP local server with PHP 7. I get the following problem.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc on line 74

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function user_company() in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc:85 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\isession.inc(84): error_handler(8192, 'Methods with th...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 19, Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\isession.inc(84): include_once() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\index.php(18): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc on line 85

can anybody assist.

3 (edited by apmuthu 09/22/2016 06:20:23 am)

The line 74 in includes/errors.inc is:

$bt = $SysPrefs->go_debug>1 ? get_backtrace(true, 1) : array();

Try to replace it with and see:

$bt = (($SysPrefs->go_debug > 1) ? get_backtrace(true, 1) : array());

$go_debug is defined in config.php and gets into the $SysPrefs object is all is well.
The backtrace comes in correctly.

The line 85 in the same file is:

error_log(user_company() . ":$user:". basename($file) .":$line:$context $errstr");

Try to replace it with:

$msg_tmp = user_company() . ":$user:". basename($file) .":$line:$context $errstr";
        error_log($msg_tmp);

The function user_company() is defined in lines 425 - 430 in includes/current_user.inc:

function user_company()
{
    global $def_coy;

return isset($_SESSION["wa_current_user"]) ? $_SESSION["wa_current_user"]->company : $def_coy;
}

Make sure that the user you logged in as exists in the company's database's users table.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I did change the code in errors.inc, but the problem stays. I am only trying to install FrontAccounting at this point in time so no database data yet. I added a line by commenting the old line out.

This is the result of the change:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc on line 74

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function user_company() in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc:86 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\isession.inc(84): error_handler(8192, 'Methods with th...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 19, Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\isession.inc(84): include_once() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\install\index.php(18): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\frontaccounting\includes\errors.inc on line 86

5 (edited by apmuthu 09/24/2016 04:33:19 am)

1. What platform (WinXP, Win 7/8/8/1/10) are you using for your server and browser client?
2. Provide the public download link to the XAMPP binary (version ?) you are using.
3. Provide the download link of the FA build you are using.
4. Which Chart of Accounts are you using?
5. Have you turned Strict mode off in MySQL for the date and time stamps to remain 0000-00-00 and 00:00:00?
6. Is the file includes/current_user.inc available on your server?

Just installed FA 2.4RC1+ dated 2016-09-06 on WinXPSP3 on XAMPP v1.7.3 and all works fine.

@joe: Please move these last 4 posts into a separate thread under installation and if possible make a separate topic for FA 2.4 Installation.