Topic: Taxes calculated on beverage volume and not beverage price

Hi.. we have a tax that is calculated on the volume of beverages (0.06 usd/liter) and not on their price. Is there a possibility to configure this kind of tax in FA?

Regards,

Patricio

Re: Taxes calculated on beverage volume and not beverage price

Thats not configured in thd core of FA.  Usually it would calculated with the price.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

3 (edited by apmuthu 12/06/2016 07:42:28 pm)

Convert the least count as a unit and provide price per unit. Then translate that into tax % for that item.

panchovilla wrote:

Hi.. we have a tax that is calculated on the volume of beverages (0.06 usd/liter) and not on their price. Is there a possibility to configure this kind of tax in FA?

Regards,

Patricio

I have the same issue when I track fuel here in the states. The tax is a per gallon amount and the method @apmuthu suggested wouldn't work either because the price of fuel changes everyday. So my solution for now was to create a separate item for the tax in each state.

Basically I have a total price per gallon that includes that states fuel tax already, so I take that price per gallon and subtract the fuel tax from it since it's a fixed number and create 2 line items on my invoice. One for the net fuel cost and one for the tax per gallon.  It's not the best way, but it seems to work for me now.