Topic: Release 2.4.RC1

Announcement

This is a preliminary FrontAccounting ERP 2.4 RC1 release.

This version provides a couple of new important features (in addition to all the
features merged from latest 2.3.25 release), but main development effort was
focused on internal architecture changes and cleanups to make future FA development
easier. Please keep in mind the application in current Release Candidate 1 stage is only rougly
tested, so installation on production servers is not recommended yet. Until final
2.4.0 version both software API and database scheme are subject to smaller changes.

At the time of release most of optional extension modules available from central
extensions repo has been also ported to 2.4 and should be mostly usable. Most Themes are
updated and many new Themes are available.

Due to deep changes made under the hood, we highly encourage all current FA 2.3 users
to make test upgrades on a copy of your working installation connected to separate database
filled with your real company data. This will allow us find and fix any possible
upgrade issues before final 2.4 release. Please report any bugs/problems found via our
Mantis Bugtracker at http://mantis.frontaccounting.com.

Download instructions

In Sourceforge FrontAccounting (), select Files -> FrontAccounting 2.4 ->2.4.RC1.

For Windows users select the zip file. For all other users select the tar.gz file.

Common

• Better vertical alignment of date picker icon.

• Global fixes in SQL queries aimed to make them more readible and easier for maintence.

• Cleaning of all comments. Small bugfixes.

• Fixed tabbed dialogs. Removed redundant 'popup' variables.

• Fixed bug in price_format() helper leading to problems in various entry forms (e.g. Supplier/Customer Allocation)

• Supplier Invoices, Supplier Credit Notes: fixed edition form bugs, fixed reference to unexisting $invoice_no variable in add_supp_invoice().

• Fixed faulty escape string in empty.po.

• Small cleanups in mail class.

• PDF documents sent by email have now meaningful names.

• Added undefined function cache_invalidate() in install/isession.inc

• Fixed wrong url generated by menu_link helper in final transaction entry menus.

• Changed example user admin email address from adm@adm.com to adm@example.com. Also minor clean up.

• Fixed delays during access to external urls (e.g. exchange rate services).

• Fixed Zend OpCache related issues in extension modules installer.

• Added Fixed Assets Module. Using Straignt Line, Declining Balances and Sum of All Years methods.

• New Standard Themes, default, canvans and dropdown.

• Option to hide Manufacturing and/or Fixed Assets tabs in Company Setup.

• Enabling Popup Search in Customers, Branches, Suppliers, Inventory and GL Accounts. This is optional and can be disabled by setting $use_popup_search to false. This also works together with built in Search Lists.

• Updated upgrade procedures.

• New standard dashboard routines to be used by all themes.

Sales

• Customer Transaction Inquiry, Supplier Inquiry: fixed icons for closed transactions.

• Print Deliveries: Fixed not working print as packing slip option.

• Fixed sparse js dialog when canceling sales document entry.

• Invoice/Quotation Report: fixed option for printing order as quotation.

Purchasing

• Transaction Inquiry inside Supplier didn't work. Fixed.

• Fixing check for non supplier reference. Cleanup.

• Supplier Invoice/Credit Note. Moved Dimensions entry from left section to middle section for better layout.

• Print Remittances: fixed usage of sys_prefs 'print_invoice_no' option.

• Receive Purchase Order Items: invalid date was passed to reference number provider.

• Direct Purchase Invoice: added link to payment entry on final page.

• Purchase Order Entry: fixed support for editable items description.

• Fixed warning about non well formed value in purchase pricing.

• Fixed edit key icon display in Direct Supplier Invoice.

Items and Inventory

• Rearranging/Changing fields in Stock Master table.

Manufacturing

• Produce/Unassemble Finished Items from WorkOrder: fixed syntax error.

• Option to not use the module in Company Setup.

• A total rewrite of the Manufacturing routines. Better layout and information.

Fixed Assets

• New module Fixed Assets added.

• Option to not use the module in Company Setup.

Bank and General Ledger

• Tax Report: not taxable sales printed in separate summary line.

• Tax Inquiry: fixed references to non-existing database fields.

• Void a Transaction: fixed GRN voiding.

• en_US-demo.sql and en_US-new.sql cleanup

• Bank Account Inquiry: fixed missing counterparty info for some transactions.

• Profit & Loss Drill Down fixed regression in reference period selection.

• Fixed typo in gl_deposit_view.

• Fixed dependency problem during fiscal year closing.

• Reconcile Bank Account dhould not show void transactions

• Fixed bank account balane checking procedure.

/Joe

2 (edited by apmuthu 05/14/2016 11:29:42 am)

Re: Release 2.4.RC1

For those trying to install FA 2.4RC1 in the pt_PT and de_DE languages, the corrected language files for the installer are zipped up and attached in this post. The necessary diffs are in my commit that can be pulled into the Official Repo by the devs.

For those using the Charts of Accounts from the Official FA 2.4 PKG Repo, be aware that they have not been updated in a while. As an example, a diff for the en_US-4digit.sql has been done with the standard sql/en_US-new.sql and arranged for easy comparision with the original and attached herein.

Post's attachments

en_US-4digit_corrected.zip 29.8 kb, 5 downloads since 2016-05-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Can you add the Sri Lankan language (Sinhala Language Pack) to the system.

4 (edited by apmuthu 08/04/2016 07:20:56 am)

If you can translate the empty.po files into Sinhala and submit it to the project, it might get added in. Tamil has yet to be added officially and resides only in my FA 2.3 repo. You can fork the repo on GitHub and add in your language files and submit a pull request as well. You can also consider contributing a Sinhala Chart of Accounts as well.

Checkout the links in the Wiki on Glotpress and transifex to translate online.

Read this post for what else needs to be done to get your language working.

Dear all
thanks for new version
i install it on my local (ubuntu 16.04. apache 2.4 , php.7.0.)
But when i get  Install/Update Languages just see  english in supported by server locales table by installed note as"Unkown"
and when i check "Display also languages not supported by server locales    " and install arabic  lang  noting happen in translation
also i change lang in setup it just change direction .
B R

There have been several updates since this release. It is possible you "bug" if any has been sorted out. Install from Git. Make sure you have Arabic locale installed in your Operating System (Ubuntu).

7 (edited by atpersian 08/12/2016 08:23:41 pm)

Dear apmuthu
thanks for quick reply
i check new installation that you send . it have same problem
also i check folder permission  all folder and file be 777
in System Diagnostics:   it show Missing system locale: ar_EG.utf-8
while the files exist .
B R
(SOlved) == just change source po file on my drive to writable folder - remove old add file and add this lang again .
thanks

8 (edited by apmuthu 08/13/2016 12:20:14 am)

It is the .mo file that is used by the php gettext function. If moving the .po has solved your problem, then it is the lack of gettext functionality that caused the graceful degrade to gettext.php file where an array of translated strings would come in. File ownership may have been the issue otherwise but since 777 did not work that is ruled out.

Hello, Am using last V, I have Issues with lang,

I installed new languages and i active ,t  but not updating actually.

Also When I update the .po file using peoedit the system not update .

Set language preferences for the user / default, Logout, Login and see if the language is active.
On windows, the language should be installed in the OS as well.
In debian linux, install the language for example with:

sed -i -e 's/# ta_IN UTF-8/ta_IN UTF-8/' /etc/locale.gen
dpkg-reconfigure --frontend=noninteractive locales
update-locale UTF-8 ta_IN

11 (edited by atpersian 08/14/2016 08:57:43 am)

Dear All
i translate po file to my own lang fully . when i import it manually by language module . it translate  all but some menu and sentence still be English . how can i solve it .

this version look have problem with RTL language little . how can i help it get better in source file?
also My language isn't be in source file how can i upload it to use.??

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz6V85qUjK3hZ1Faem5xOUVaYjQ&usp=sharing

Just filling in the .po file is not enough. You need to compile it as a .mo file and then use the .mo file. Some strings may come from extensions as well but in FA 2.4.x the extensions may not work fully. Upload your fully translated .po file and provide the link here.

Post's attachments

arabic_fa_screenshots.zip 98.9 kb, 6 downloads since 2016-08-14 

Dear All
I found the problem
some sentence in Po file be include &   just remove it .
B R

Is there any news?
When we can wait new version?

This is taking forever, any news on version 2.4 ??

Regards.

janusz cleared a pile of bugs in the mantis system this last weekend.  I have been using it in production for the last 4+ months on a debian/php7 server, and it seems to be mostly working for me.  There have been a few bugs/issues that have required me to do some workarounds, but nothing that I would call a show stopper...

@itronics: need to update the sql/alter2.1.php at line 73 (line 71 in v2.3.25+) replacing 0_ hardcoding to ".TB_PREF.".

Done in my FAMods - commit and removed all CRs (crlf => lf) as well later.

18 (edited by Thisaru 02/22/2017 05:46:38 am)

I started to use 2.4.RC1 version recently.I'm new to this system.I have problems in fixed asset section.
Fixes asset purchase quantity can not be changed and
I can purchase one fixed asset item only once.

Enable / Activate the Fixed Assets Configuration permissions for your user role (System Administrator) for your company and make sure you have edit rights when you want to make such critical changes as it is disabled by default.

fixed_assets/includes/fa_classes_db.inc defines the function update_fixed_asset_class() which operates on the fields of the stock_fa_class table whose inactive field is not used for now in this file.

Post's attachments

Fixed Assets Config permissions.png 14.6 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-02-22 

Thaaaaaaaaanks for the great efforts
It seems like it is a big step
Could you please tell me if there is a way to upgrade from 2.3.12 to 2.4.rc1 as I caan't see that is available in software upgrade
Regards

Upgrade 2.3.12 to 2.3.25+ first.
Then upgrade to FA 2.4RC1.

Otherwise close current accounting year in 2.3.12 and start the next accounting year in 2.4RC1.

Issues like what extensions are installed and need migration / updation, etc will need to be addressed.
This is apart from local customisation / extra fields and external linkages that need to be dealt with as well.