Topic: A Logical Bug in Profit and Loss Calculation

Sitting in June i need to create a back dated invoice of April. While creating invoice I forgot to set the date and processed invoice. The Delivery note is automatically created. Later I realized my mistake and corrected the date of invoice but that change is not affected on Delivery note and the GL Entry of Deivery Note.

Means Sales is credited now in April while its cost is Debited in June.

Another Problem in current dated invoice is that while processing invoice I selected by mistake a wrong Dimension. After invoice is processed I corrected the mistake in Invoice but that correction of dimension is not affected on Delivery Note. Hence Sales is Credited to One Dimension while its Cost is Debited to another dimension.

The Delivery note is not editable so we can't make these corrections in Delivery note or its GL Entry.

Any solution to this is highly appreciated.

www.boxygen.pk

2 (edited by apmuthu 06/28/2016 05:30:33 am)

Re: A Logical Bug in Profit and Loss Calculation

Never edit data in the tables directly. FA is an ERP with security provisions and audit trails along with storage of computed values. Void or contra the entry and then make the correct one.

Take a backup. make a new entry and then take another backup and compare where all the changes happened and then manually reverse / alter the changes as needed.

I don't want to edit the tables directly .

What I want to know that In case of Editing Direct Invoice date or dimension the date and dimension of auto generated delivery note be changed . is that possible to work out in the given structure of FA?

www.boxygen.pk

Some dimension related data like qty, price, amount and possibly with date get computed and stored.

@joe: any clues?

No, I have no clue, but I have asked Janusz to look at it.

/Joe

I Just want to Rephrase the Logical Bug issue with a Graphical presentation

Please View this

http://fa.boxygen.biz/fa2325/FABug.pdf

Suggested Solution:

1. Either there should be an option to change the Date and Dimension of related Delivery NOte if we are changing the date and dimension of Invoice

2. OR the Date and Dimension of related Delivery Note shall be changed automatically so that the GL Date of Costs of Goods Sold is same as the GL Date of Sales.

You can access this at fa.boxygen.biz/fa2325

username: aeronvista
pass: usayed2005

I hope I could have clearly stated my point.

www.boxygen.pk

A thought later came to my mind that if we fix up this logical bug then it may result into another logical bug and that is Negative Inventory.

So the best solution is to get the invoice void and then create again. This is a lengthy process but it will maintain integrity.

www.boxygen.pk

1. Take backup 1
2. Do your operations that result in a wrong state
3. Take backup 2
4. Restore backup 1
5. Do your operations that make it to the desired state.
6. Take backup 3
7. diff "backup 2" "backup 3"

This will then need to be compared with the state at backup 2 after trying to make it right through FA standard operations.