1 (edited by asgare 04/05/2016 05:51:18 am)

Topic: Payment allocation use

There is a very risky bug in both Sales/Purchase “payment” section
Let me explain it as a case study, step by step:

1. Issuing a direct invoice with the product “X” by the price of 100 $. Considering that “Current Credit” in “Direct Invoice” shows 0 USD.
2. We go to “Customer Payments” and allocate whole 100$ amount.
3. Then Customer asks for refund. Do the process via “Customer Credit Notes” for returning products X without giving any money back.
4. After that, same customer ask for alternative product. Here we go to the “Direct Invoice” and we saw “Current Credit” in “Direct Invoice” shows 100 $.
5. Finally the time for allocating payment in “Customer Payments” we saw the problem. Since the current product has a new price, “Customer Payments” section instead of using customer credit, show us whole price for customer.

You can see this bug in both Sales/Purchase “payments” section. Professionals can solve this issue but those are not accountant have problem with it. In my idea this bug is very dangerous point in accounting system.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: Payment allocation use

still I am looking for ways to solve it!!!

Asghar

I'm not sure I understand the problem.
In last step Credit Note value can be allocated to new invoice in last step via  link on Credit Note row in 'Customer allocation Inquiry' (and not 'Customer Payment' ). And here all you can allocate is the Credit Note value, isn't it?

Janusz

Dear Janusz

Please keep up with me until step 3 and hold there smile . Suppose business wants to exchange product, without any money back (refund). When the business return back the sold product and wanted to issue Invoice at the same time for replacement, top of invoice shows  “Current Credit” amount for that customer. It says business should pay 100$ for that customer because of that product he/she returned.

Now consider replacement invoice again issued, when we check the “Customer Payments” notice that unsettled payment for the replacement. In fact that customer has not due for business but in  “Customer Payments” wrongly show a record of unsettled payment. And in no way can't remove that record.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE

Consider instead of entering unsettled “Customer Payments” form their own place we use Banking and General Leader > Payments. When we enter the payments still we saw unsettled at “Customer Payments” section too.

You can see these errors on Purchase section too.

Asghar

still unsolved and very ugly bug

Asghar

Well, I still cannot understand where you see bug here.

When the business return back the sold product and wanted to issue Invoice at the same time for replacement, top of invoice shows  “Current Credit” amount for that customer. It says business should pay 100$ for that customer because of that product he/she returned.

The customer credit link shows current balance on customer's account, and not how much customer should pay for product in current transacion.

Now consider replacement invoice again issued, when we check the “Customer Payments” notice that unsettled payment for the replacement. In fact that customer has not due for business but in  “Customer Payments” wrongly show a record of unsettled payment. And in no way can't remove that record.

No, customer is due until the credit note is settled with new invoice. You can do it on Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes page, then the record will not reappear in  Customer Payment.

Regarding payment entered via generic Bank Payment form, you cannot allocate this payment to selected invoice in this form, but again, you can do it later on Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes page too. This is just proper workflow in FA. So, where is the problem?

Janusz

this one appears in Customer Payment allocation

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.