Topic: Printing product label with barcode

Is there a way to print a product label with bar code description and price?

Re: Printing product label with barcode

Yes, but you will have to do this yourself.
Maybe an idea to create a report module for this. Look into an existing one to get the idea. You can look into tcpdf.php (our pdf engine) for how to do that. On their homepage there are instructions on how to use the barcode routines.

/Joe

Thanks for the reply, can you be more specific of how it's done or at least how do I access tcpdf.php .

This is not an easy task if you don't have any programming skills.

You should first study the files in /reporting/includes and /reporting/ to see how it is built.

We use an older version of the tcpdf report engine. Please search for this engine. There is also guidance in how to print barcodes.

In case of non programming skills, you may use the Jobs wanted /Offered Forum for help.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Can you please make the invoice to print the item code with barcode?

Many modern ERP has that features now.
It will be great, if there is any option to enable/disable print barcode on invoice from SETUP

Thank you.
aRTx

I have never seen item barcodes on invoices received from my many suppliers so far,  and probably if I would find ones, this would be not very helpful for me during purchase invoice entry (most of received invoices are based on previous purchase order, so all the items are already in the system).
You can can consider customizing rep107.php which is responsible for sales invoice printing, if you feel it is worth of the effort.

Janusz

https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Devel.BarCodeUsage
has the necessary code.