Topic: Customers Balances by Location

Hello all,

I created about 3 locations for our 3 different warehouses. We have customers that are supplied by the sales reps of each warehouse. i.e. each warehouse has its customers.

I want to be able to generate their balances based on the location. That is if I am printing customer balances/ Aged receivable I should have the option of saying I want the report for only location 1, or location 2. Moreso if I am printing customer balances for all the location I should be able to have them group and totalled per location.

thanks.

Popsicles12.

2 (edited by apmuthu 01/21/2016 04:27:02 pm)

Re: Customers Balances by Location

Since each Warehouse has it's (own) customers, printing for all locations/warehouses for any customer should work fine unless he same customer is server at more than one Warehouse/location.
Attempting to create a separate CustomerID for the same customer for each location will mitigate such multiple warehouse servings.

Tags / Dimensions could also be useful here.

Thanks apmuthu for you reply. If you take a look at the customer balances and customer Aged receivables report, there is no option to select customer balances pee location. How do I insert this option in the report. Kindly assist.

Thanks.

Popsicles12

In FA 2.3 currently there is no such provision except to filter them in the appropriate reporting/repXXX.php files. rep101.php and rep102.php are the affected files. Check out their sql source functions. As each customer is served by a specific location, taking reports on a specific customer should get you what you want. All form request fields are in reporting/reports_main.php file.

Thanks apmuthu for your reply.
Could you please tell me how to insert the location filter  into the report? Or tell me what to do and how to do it. I will be expecting your reply.
Thanks.

Popsicles.

Have a look a the following lines 32-53 of reporting/reports_main.php:

$reports->addReportClass(_('Customer'), RC_CUSTOMER);
    $reports->addReport(RC_CUSTOMER, 101, _('Customer &Balances'),
        array( _('Start Date') => 'DATEBEGIN',
            _('End Date') => 'DATEENDM',
           _('Customer') => 'CUSTOMERS_NO_FILTER',
           _('Show Balance') => 'YES_NO',
           _('Currency Filter') => 'CURRENCY',
           _('Suppress Zeros') => 'YES_NO',
           _('Comments') => 'TEXTBOX',
           _('Orientation') => 'ORIENTATION',
           _('Destination') => 'DESTINATION'));
    $reports->addReport(RC_CUSTOMER, 102, _('&Aged Customer Analysis'),
        array( _('End Date') => 'DATE',
           _('Customer') => 'CUSTOMERS_NO_FILTER',
           _('Currency Filter') => 'CURRENCY',
           _('Show Also Allocated') => 'YES_NO',
           _('Summary Only') => 'YES_NO',
           _('Suppress Zeros') => 'YES_NO',
           _('Graphics') => 'GRAPHIC',
           _('Comments') => 'TEXTBOX',
           _('Orientation') => 'ORIENTATION',
           _('Destination') => 'DESTINATION'));

In each of the $reports->addReport() statements, you can add in:

_('Stock Location') => 'LOCATIONS',

Note that the PARAMS[] subscript numbers will change in the receiving script - rep101.php and rep102.php.

Hello apmuthu,
Thanks for the response. I did the change to the file but it did not work. I think there is something we must add to rep101 and 102.
Could you pls tell me what to correct and how to correct it.
Thanks.

Popsicles 12

Yes, in the rep101.php and rep102.php files you will need to look at how the variables are addressed for parameter order and adjust accordingly and put in the location parameter in the where filter in the sql in it or in the loop that parses the array result.

hello apmuthu,
thank for your prompt response.
I need you to help me with this as I am not good in sql programming.  kindly help with with the steps to accomplish this.
thanks so much. expecting your reply.

popsicles12

Hello apmuthu,

I am still expecting your reply please.

thanks
Popsicles12

If you wish to seek professional help, post your needs (referring this post) in the jobs section of the forum. You may also contact the support partners listed in the Wiki.

hello Joe,
Could you please help me resolve the question I asked apmuthu as regards getting the customer balances per location. That is getting the report of  customer balances and Aged customer analysis based on each location. He did help me to an extent but getting the filters into the rep101 and rep102 is what is remaining. If you can give me a clue or guide me through I will be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Popsicles12