Topic: Popup Window For Searching Items, Suppliers, Customers, & GL Accounts

Hello,

I just made some modifications to add popup window for searching items, suppliers, customers, or GL accounts. Basically I just add a clickable icon right beside the dropdown list and when the icon is clicked a popup window will appear and we can do the search there. When we made the selection to the search list, the selected item will be selected in the dropdown list too.

The modified source is available on GitHub:
https://github.com/w3shaman/FA

The detailed list of files that modified for this change is written on my blog post:
http://w3shaman.com/article/using-popup-window-search-item-frontaccounting

I haven't prepared the demo yet.

2 (edited by apmuthu 12/13/2015 01:42:39 pm)

Re: Popup Window For Searching Items, Suppliers, Customers, & GL Accounts

I do hope they do not clash with the new popup search functionality in FA 2.4 and the existing one in FA 2.3.

Whenever you make changes to the core files, make sure you make all your white space changes first and then do a commit before the actual commit with your code changes. This will make it easier to follow the real changes.

Attached is an example of your latest BOM Session change.

When we login, a new session is created but when we access the init() function during FA usage thereafter, we need to make sure that we have a new BOM session but not when editing one. Hence it may need review.

Post's attachments

FA 2.3 Clear BOM session changes.png 14.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

3 (edited by bogeyman2007 12/13/2015 01:46:01 pm)

apmuthu wrote:

I do hope they do not clash with the new popup search functionality in FA 2.4 and the existing one in FA 2.3.

Whenever you make changes to the core files, make sure you make all your white space changes first and then do a commit before the actual commit with your code changes. This will make it easier to follow the real changes.

Do you mean the popup when we press F2, F3, or F4? About the whitespace, yea that's my bad. At first I forgot to change my editor configuration because I use 2 spaces for tab at first.

UPDATE: Sorry, actually the BOM session changes is not related to the popup window. That's another change from me, a new feature to manage BOM together with new manufactured item creation or when the we update manufactured item.

Yes, the existing popup search functionality F2,F3, F4 and space.

See my previous post again for some edits and the attachment.

5 (edited by bogeyman2007 12/13/2015 02:11:27 pm)

apmuthu wrote:

Yes, the existing popup search functionality F2,F3, F4 and space.

See my previous post again for some edits and the attachment.

It doesn't clash with them, I've tested it smile
See my previous post too, the BOM session you talk about in the attachment in another thing that didn't related to the popup window feature.

UPDATE: OK.. I see about the whitespace problem.. Thank you...

@Bogeyman2007

Your code for popup search has been implemented in 2.4. Is has been modified slightly to work with the existing list searck for customer, suppliers and items. It works well and I thank you for your contribution.

Do you want to get credited with a form of a name, please let me know.

The popup search can be disabled for those wanted that.

Joe

10 items that match the filter is displayed. cool-autosuggest would be nice.

joe wrote:

@Bogeyman2007

Your code for popup search has been implemented in 2.4. Is has been modified slightly to work with the existing list searck for customer, suppliers and items. It works well and I thank you for your contribution.

Do you want to get credited with a form of a name, please let me know.

The popup search can be disabled for those wanted that.

Joe

Hi Joe, that's nice. It's OK about the credit. What I really want is to see the popup window for searching implemented in next version. Thanks to you too for modifying and making it better.

apmuthu wrote:

10 items that match the filter is displayed. cool-autosuggest would be nice.

So we need to include jQuery for that.

is it possible to expand the search list to more than 10 items, or even better to expand with the navigation to see the next 10 items (Prev/Next/Last)