Topic: Stock Check Sheets only works for individual category

We have been using Stock Check Sheets under Inventory Report everyday.

However, since 3 weeks ago, when I try to generate a full Stock Check Sheets under Inventory Report, it always fails (only see the circle keeps spinning and later becomes an orange exclamation mark)

However, if i generate the Stock Check Sheets one category by category, the report can be generated and the report looks perfect.

The full Stock Check Sheets used to work perfectly before. Any ideas what are causing issue and how fix this? Thank you.

Re: Stock Check Sheets only works for individual category

Presumably it's a timeout issue. The full report simply takes too long to generate, and the script running it is killed off before it completes.

Look at this thread on Extending Time out and see if that helps.

3 (edited by apmuthu 11/22/2015 08:01:47 am)

This could also be a max php variables issue. The default is set at 1000 (3000 in some installations). Increasing this value too should mitigate it. In some php.ini, the max_input_vars variable is missing. Just create it with something like:

max_input_vars = 10000

References:

Link1
Link2

The other way is to avoid variables bloating up in php by unsetting them after use.

Another solution solution is to implode() the array into one long string and explode() it on the server side.

json_encode() could probably work as well.

Thanks @apmuthu. May I know in which file I should add this max_input_vars?

Thanks.

Enter it in your php.ini file and restart the webserver.