Topic: Restore Password

Hi guys,

I installed FA, opened several databases and use it for multiple companies.
I now need to add one more company and to do this I need to enter the initial company database. We used this initial company database for training so it has not been used for long time and I have no record of my password for this database.

I have tried accessing the user/password fields directly in the SQL database through the back office of my server but this does not work. There is no 'reset password' option if you key in the wrong password on the login screen.

Can someone offer a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Restore Password

Replace the users.password field value with a known one like "5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99" and use the string "password" to login.

The users.user_id field has the username.

Use appropriate table prefix as needed.

Thanks apmuthu,

I am back in!

Lars

Since this will be asked quite often, it has been wiki-ed as well.

hi I am also have a nightmare

I use fa for 3 very small business that I run, I installed another and since then have not been able to log into anything so I deleted from the server and still tells me that my user name and password are incorrect. so I set new password for admin in the database and still cant get in I deleted admin role and made another role and still cant get in.

I went into the user table as you mentioned above and saw the admin role I edited there and still cant get in pleeeeeese help me some one

it might be access level issue. did you set the access level to the newly created user role and

did you assign it to the user.?

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

hi yes i did that in the my database function on the server and then went into the table and manually updated the password there how would i know if the table is showing right permissions

keith

Use a MySQL client like SQLyog to make sure that your MySQL user permissions for the FA db is okay and the permissions reloaded (FLUSH PRIVILEGES;).

i downloaded but dont know what the localhost should be to make the connection i am a pro fishermen not and IT fundy any help??

Are you on Linux or Windows?
Are you running FA on your local machine?
PM me remote access if you cannot find local technical help.

linex i think from hostgator must i send you details of website control panel??

if you could help i would really appreciate

PM me the details

Done and it works:

UPDATE `db_name`.`0_users` SET `password`=MD5("MySecretPwd"), `inactive`=0 WHERE `user_id`='admin';

Excessive tries with wrong password will set the inactive field in the users table to 1 and that needs to be reset.
Also we need to put in the MD5 hash of the password into the password field instead of the raw plaintext password itself.

If you are looking forgot password option.  It's not here in FA. so we need to create those through the admin as like apmuthu's method.

Else rest through database tables.   Directly  open the table and change it there.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@joe: Nice suggestion by @kvvaradha for forgot password implementation atleast in FA 2.4

In release FA2.4 you can set the following variable in config.php to true

$allow_password_reset = false;

This will show a link to get a password reset.

/Joe

@joe: Thanks for the info. Attached screenshots.

Post's attachments

FA24_Pwd_Reset_Screenshots.zip 22.9 kb, 10 downloads since 2015-09-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks @Joe and @Apmuthu. 
Instead of editing the config.php

Can we set admin option for it.?

Not only for this option.  We have given a lot of things like that. 

So a non technical user feels troubled to work with config.php.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

19 (edited by kvvaradha 09/02/2015 09:36:36 am)

Also if you have any idea to improve the UI.  I can be one of a developer to the redesign to make it look better.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Since the company must be chosen in the login form, the forgot password flag must need to be in the config.php file. A user with the same email id can be present in more than one company in the same install and the company choice makes it unique.

Fork FA on GitHub and make a branch for your UI contributions and make a pull request with the link in the forum (since FA still relies on Git from SF and the GitHub repo is only it's mirror).