1 (edited by FA FAN 06/13/2015 01:48:00 am)

Topic: PDF Print, Print & Email are non-functional on a new install

Hello there.
This is my first post, I have searched for help and decided to ask the question to clarify the functionality issues I am experiencing.

A note to clarify. All functions other than the ones mentioned are working perfectly.

1) Once I have done a sales quote inquiry and want to either print or email I get no response. The progress bar flashed then disappeared in both instances with no results.

2) When printing general ledger reports I get a choice to print to excel and PDF print. Excel works in those records only. PDF still does not.

3) If excel print option was available in the sales quote area and other areas where it currently not an option then I could at least make use of it that way.

I tried setting the browser controlled printing. I tried to change the way the browser handles the PDF as well. All with no joy. 
If anyone can give a step by step then maybe I can determine what I need to do or try what I haven't done to make this work for me.

I am new to Front accounting and think it is great compared to others but at the end of the day if I cannot print or email the quotes and reports then really I cannot utilize this for a serious business ERP.

Please help. Really want to have Frontaccounting the centre of or business organization.

Thank you.

Re: PDF Print, Print & Email are non-functional on a new install

I find the same thing  emails and printing which worked on all previous versions until the recent upgrade 

Upgrading from ver 2.3.22 to 2.3.24

Please give more info about your environment. Server OS. Browser and so on.

Joe

4 (edited by Attila 06/18/2015 11:37:12 am)

Hello again Joe  I trust that you are well

In my case with the upgrade  from ver 2.3.22 to 2.3.24

Is and has been installed on a XP platform for quite some time,  running both Chrome and IE8 browsers

In both browsers case no pop up window appears when printing a SO, Inv, CN etc etc as it normally does in ver 2.3.22

In the errors file I have extracted the following:   

[17-Jun-2015 09:33:34] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[17-Jun-2015 09:35:47] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[17-Jun-2015 09:40:56] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[18-Jun-2015 12:47:51] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[18-Jun-2015 12:48:26] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[18-Jun-2015 12:48:28] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

[18-Jun-2015 12:49:13] 1:admin:ui_controls.inc:59: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed

Each error obviously occurs when trying to print any one of the  documents.

Kind regards

Attila

Hello again. I will have to consult Janusz with this topic.
Hopefully he will return with some help.

Joe

6 (edited by apmuthu 06/19/2015 12:35:27 pm)

The offending lin 59 in includes/ui/ui_controls.inc is:

if (is_array($hidden_fields))

It is possible that the global $hidden_fields variable may not have been created / visible at the time the error occurred.

Replace it with:

if (isset($hidden_fields) && is_array($hidden_fields))

Since you are using the stock FA v2.3.24 you did not have the subsequent fixes incorporated.

7 (edited by Attila 06/24/2015 07:06:57 am)

Apmuthu

I cannot find the syntax "if (is_array($hidden_fields))" anywhere in the "ui_controls.inc"  file supplied with the FA 2.3.24 zip file

The only syntax that is found  relates to the error found in the log file.

function output_hidden()
{
    global $hidden_fields;

echo implode('', $hidden_fields);
    $hidden_fields = array();

That is right. You are using the FA v2.3.24 release version. The code has since been fixed in the GitHub/Hg repos. Get the latest snapshot.

Apmuthu

I copied the  Master.zip files in to the FA directory as directed ... I am afraid it does the same thing as with version 2.3.24 .  Still No reports are generated

Updated the Ui_controls.inc file as directed 

function output_hidden()
{
    global $hidden_fields;
    if (isset($hidden_fields) && is_array($hidden_fields))   
        $hidden_fields = array();

Still does not print.  Further I don't see any new entries in the /temp/errors.txt file

Hope you unzipped the master.zip file's contents into your webroot.

Please check if the pdfs are created in the company/# folder's subfolder.
Since you are on Windows XP (XAMPP ? which version?), permissions issues will not be there.

Yes I did just as you directed and just for good measure I redid the exercise again

I get the following errors:

[26-Jun-2015 09:08:05] 1::session.inc:401: include_once(./tmp/faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[26-Jun-2015 09:08:05] 1::session.inc:401: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './tmp/faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\xampp\php\pear\')

Create an empty file in tmp/faillog.php under the webroot.

Apmuthu

I created the file faillog.php in dir tmp/   There was a file with the same name and I overwrite it.

Still does not print  and no further entries in the error log

Contents Now of the faillog.php file that is after I tried printing once more

<?php
/*
Login attempts info.
*/
$login_faillog = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    '192.168.10.100' => 0,
    'last' => '',
  ),
);

Looks like your problem lies elsewhere. Check values of PHP options like open_basedir.
List versions of php, apache and mysql along with apache error logs (not just the FA error log).

15 (edited by Attila 06/29/2015 04:04:37 am)

Looks like your problem mate !!!  ;-)

Surely I can't be the only one running Xampp experiencing this issue after the upgrade

Try a fresh install of the latest snapshot and see if the problem persists.

Has a solution to this problem been found?  Today I moved FA 2.3.24 from a hosted site to a VPS and now I'm getting this error alert at the top of the web page when I log in:

implode(): Invalid arguments passed in file: /var/www/html/accounting/includes/ui/ui_controls.inc at line 59

Printing PDF's does seem to work, though.

Thanks for any help/advice offered!

Regards,

Chris

Please paste the line 59 in your version of FA's includes/ui/ui_controls.inc file. If it is as per the latest commit, then my answer in the 6th post herein would solve the issue.

Hey, apmuthu:

No, my line 59 in includes/ui/ui_controls.inc is not the same as the latest commit.  Here it is:

If I just replace my ui_controls.inc with the one from the latest commit would that fix it, or make things worse?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

In general, it wll be best for you to replace all files that have changed since the release of FA v2.3.24 but in this instance, it should be okay for you to just replace the it with the one in the dev repo.

21 (edited by chrison 07/10/2015 04:50:13 pm)

I'm in the middle of moving servers so "The Plan" was to do the move then upgrade FA.  For now, I'll try replacing the 1 file as a stop-gap.

EDIT:  Replacing the file (for now) worked...  error message gone!  big_smile

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Thanks for the feedback.

@joe: is another release in the 2.3 series due?

Maybe Janusz will answer this. He has done some commits today.

Joe