Topic: email logging

when viewing an invoice, it would be good to be able to see an email history of when an invoice was sent.

Re: email logging

on the date of the invoice isn't it?

3 (edited by bobloblian 05/26/2015 04:05:33 pm)

Hi Apmuthu,

Thanks for responding.

under sales=>customer transaction inquiry=>view sales invoice, I find an invoice date and a due date, but no indication that the invoice was sent by email.  Maybe I am not looking in the right spot...

Normally I record this information in my job tracking software, but it recently happened that I was checking on an overdue invoice, and I didn't record if an invoice got sent or not.  So I have to assume I didn't send it, rather than knowing if it was sent or not.

It also happens once in a while where I would like to be able to say to a customer an invoice was sent on this date, then this date, then this date.  Thankfully I have very few customers where this is necessary, but it is good to have some evidence that I did my part when dealing with the one or two who need it...

So it would be a useful feature, I think...

If you choose to have FA email clients and some sort of sent items folder (db table...) is available, it might serve as a trace for the record. If there is an email id attached to the client / branch, and emails are enabled, the emails will get sent on the date the invoice gets booked into the accounts.

A line to record the event can be hacked into the email sending code fragment  - a sort of email log.