Topic: Accesskey for foreign languages

Hello,
i have been working on Frontaccounting in the default English language, however, after changing it to the arabic language the access key has just disappeared.
how do i use access key for a language other than English ?

Re: Accesskey for foreign languages

What Access key do you mean? Is it a translatable string that is present in Arabic as some unprintable characters? Does the "Access key" re-appear when you switch back to English?

I mean the accesskey that is used to brows through the pages using the keyboard.. as when clicking alt + b you get to the bank and general ledger page.
This wotks when switching back to english but in the arabic it just doesnt seem to be working.

The language translation files for Arabic did not include the English shortcuts as you may want to use some other letter in Arabic instead of &B.... in English. If you still wish to retain the English Access keys then encode it to precede the Arabic language text translation and compile your Arabic .mo file accordingly.

How do i do it ??
in the Arabic PO file the "&Banking and General Ledger" is translated without the "&"
when i add the missing "&" no accesskey is activated and the "&" character appears in the Banking and General Ledger tab.
it just works if i type it in english.

Append "&B" to the PO file and recompile it.
The only Arabic I see is ar_EG in the official languages.

Attached is a recompilation with some of the &B / &C elements added to the right of the translations since this is a RTL script. Try it and provide feedback. It will be useful to the devs to alter non latin scripts to accommodate such uniform access keys irrespective of the language.

Post's attachments

Sample_ar_EG.zip 143.2 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-05-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi,
Seems to be working perfectly .. here is a screenshot.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/xmlthx.jpg

i believe it'd be better if we can translate it so the letter would be one of the letters within the same word it self and in the used language.

Regards.

Atleast we now can see how the letters play out on the screen. Thanks.

The reason why the standard English letters are preferred to be used (though not intuitive in the non latin languages) is that they can follow the help pages uniformly and it is easier to type just one key as opposed to possibly multiple keys in other languages. Try it out by placing the "&" character preceding (or succeeding in case of RTL language characters) whichever key you wish to use.

Post's attachments

xmlthx.jpg 169.8 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.