Topic: Batching Invoice against Sales Delivery

Is there any way of batching more than one screen (10 sales Delivery) into an invoice? Every time I select the items and go onto the next screen the first selection is lost.

Thanks

2 (edited by apmuthu 03/03/2015 01:52:31 pm)

Re: Batching Invoice against Sales Delivery

Create a batch Invoice. Refer the Wiki.

A batch invoice, a single invoice created from multiple work orders/deliveries, can be processed if all items have been sent to the same location. Click the check-box beside each delivery and click the Batch button at the top of the column to make such an invoice.

Thanks for the reply apmuthu

I've tried that, but the Search Not Invoiced Deliveries screen only gives 10 items at a time. I can select all of those and batch those, limiting me to 10 items.

If I select the full screen (10 items) and then go to the next screen to continue selecting, when I process the invoice, only the last screen selection is processed.

Is there any way of selecting and batching more? Or am I missing something?

4 (edited by apmuthu 03/03/2015 07:30:41 pm)

@joe: maybe we need to remember the ticks of the previous page in the session variables before going to the next page.

Try to increase the number of items to say 20 or more. Try changing line 207 in sales/inquiry/sales_deliveries_view.php:

$table =& new_db_pager('deliveries_tbl', $sql, $cols);

by hardcoding it to

$table =& new_db_pager('deliveries_tbl', $sql, $cols,,20);

The function new_db_pager() is defined in includes\db_pager.inc at line 482 with the following prototype:

function &new_db_pager($name, $sql, $coldef, $table = null, $key = null, $page_len = 0)  {

If the default $page_len is left as zero (0), then the #_users.query_size field's value (default 10) is taken.

It can also be set in Setup => Display Setup (Preferences) => Query page size:

Thanks - that works.

I hope you used the last method instead of hacking the code.

I most certainly did. - very easy - Thank you

8 (edited by sakooon 11/09/2015 12:17:31 pm)

If I select the full screen (10 items) and then go to the next screen to continue selecting, when I process the invoice, only the last screen selection is processed...???

The selections in one screen are the ones which get processed. Selections in the second screen must be done separately. You can try to increase the number of entries on each screen as stated in this thread, if you want all in one go.