Topic: Blank page after login

Hi,

I've just installed FrontAccounting and I was getting the error message documented here: https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3122 and I implemented the fix in that thread and the error disappeared.

I now don't have the error message popping up. But when I login the page is blank (white) and nothing happens.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Re: Blank page after login

Well, when you will set $go_debug=1 in your config.php, you should see message  explaining the reason. Or check /tmp/errors.log file.
Janusz

Thanks Janusz.

I've done that and now get this error message: Call to undefined function: file_put_contents() in /home/c-web/ca/1c/dreamfreedom.com.au/public/www/acc/includes/session.inc on line 191

Is this a PHP function I will need to talk to my host provider about?

-Peter

Sorry for the delay.

Seems you try to run FA on server running php 4.x. Just call your hosting provider for intsalling php 5.

Janusz

I have a similar problem with blank screen after logging in.  The problem started when I activated some extensions including zen_import and dashboard.  After logging out I get the login window but just a blank screen after entering my login info. I get the normal error page if I enter the wrong credentials.

I am running FA ver. 2.3.20 with php 5.3.28.  I also tried setting the $go_debug=1 in the config file, but I still get the blank page.

Any help or pointers? Thanks.

The error log should tell you what's happening. It may not be available to you if you're using one of the cheaper hosting companies, though.

The problem - whatever it is - seems to be with the dashboard theme. To revert to the default theme, look at
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=17234#p17234

This has now been wiki-ed.

tm, thanks for the helpful response.  I checked the *_users theme entries and they were all unchanged from "default" so the problem must be elsewhere.  Is there a way to remove all added themes from the back end, or should I just do a re-install?

Check the entries in the sys_prefs table for any company wide defaults and in any of the installed_extensions.php files across the company subfolders.

Thanks, apmuthu.  I was able to access again after renaming the installed_extensions.php for the starter company, and then used the access to deactivate all extensions for the other companies.  I'll go through each extension in turn to find out which one caused the problem.

That is nice feedback indeed and has been wiki-ed as another way to troubleshoot it and possibly incorporate these fixes in future versions of the extension/theme.

hi
i just installed fa 2.3.33 on widnow 8 on local host using wamp 2.1
i add extentions after this i logout and remove install forlder from root directory
and then try to login but after given login id and password just show blank page
again i add install forlder but its same ,,,,,
in log error file these error shown

[27-Mar-2015 19:42:58] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:43:02] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:43:03] 4 Domain file "./modules/repgen/lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:43:03] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:45:15] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:54:03] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:54:12] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:54:13] 4 Domain file "./modules/repgen/lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

[27-Mar-2015 19:54:13] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

please guide how can i fix it

Set your locale manually:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3398113/php-gettext-problems