Topic: Item for specific user group

A few raw material items are used by the Manufacturing department and should not be visible to other users/departments. How do I do this while creating an item. If not, work around please.

Advance thanks for your help

Yeshwanthrao

Re: Item for specific user group

Sorry This feature is not available in current version of Frontaccouting . However if you want to avoid those items for selling then you can use tag "Exclude from sales" while opening new item.

Thanks.

We have slightly modified the Exclude from Sales Check option into Drop down list and store the values in the same field as 0 for Include Sales, 1 for Exclude Sales, 2 for X department, 3 for Y department etc., The details are stored properly and getting displayed as expected. My question is, will this value affect any reports or have any influence. If yes, please let us know the screens/reports. Will check that too. Advance thanks for your help

The "Exclude from sales" is stored in the field stock_master.no_sale and it's usage is affected by the field stock_category.dflt_no_sale.

Line 620 of includes/ui/ui_lists.inc:

$sql .= " AND !i.inactive AND !s.inactive AND !s.no_sale";

blindly checks the presence of any value and may not discern the nuances of different values for it in your design unless changed accordingly.

Other files that use this field are:
    inventory\manage\item_categories.php
    includes\db\items_category_db.inc
    inventory\includes\db\items_db.inc
    inventory\manage\items.php