1 (edited by sachinkhatri 09/09/2014 12:16:33 pm)

Topic: Same item with different sales tax

Hi, I have a scenario. We have an item (printed label), on which sales tax is applied. I have got a stock order from a retail house for this label. That is, I have to stock this item at my factory. I have made a work order against the item code with 2%
sales tax. I will get orders from various factories for the retail house and I will have to supply from this stock. In case, a form is provided by a factory, 2% tax is applied on this item. Otherwise, 5.25% tax is applied on the same item if the form is not provided. How should I proceed as I would get both kind of orders and I don't know, in advance, the proportion for each type? In FA, an item code is dedicated to only one type of tax.

Re: Same item with different sales tax

Yes, but you can Place no tax exempt on the items and instead create different tax Groups and use these on your customer/branches and/or suppliers.

7Joe

thanks! It helped.

4 (edited by zunixaani 03/13/2015 12:12:02 pm)

Should there be a Direct Service Invoice option FA to address this so that we need not have to make any "deliveries" for such things? Such a menu option can also have the list of items available for invoicing limited to service items and free form entries only.

@zunixaani: nice suggestion. A new topic would be better to post it in.
@joe: want to hack it in as a hardcoded subset of Direct Invoice?