Topic: WO with multiple items

Is it possible to generate a work order with multiple items? Also, is there a way to convert a sales order to a work order?

Re: WO with multiple items

One item on each Work Order.

No, you will have to initiate the work order yourself.

Joe

I really need a way to make work orders by importing from a sales order and also a way to use Sales order as reference to the work order. This is my team's requirement as other wise it gets very difficult to track work orders in correlation to sales orders. Also, we need a way to bulk release work orders. If we can give check boxes on each row in work order inquiry and give a single link for "Release" at the top or bottom of the page. It would save a lot of time. Please look in to this.

As I told you in another topic, I am no expert in Production. If we need to improve the manufacturing, we need some developers with knowledge in this.

There is also a posibility to create an extention/module to the existing Manufacturing to manage these advanced features.

Remember that FA is a non profit company, so we have limited resources.

Joe

5 (edited by ahmedvu153 02/18/2015 07:31:17 am)

I really need a way to make work orders by importing from a sales order and also a way to use Sales order as reference to the work order. This is my team's requirement as other wise it gets very difficult to track work orders in correlation to sales orders. Also, we need a way to bulk release work orders. If we can give check boxes on each row in work order inquiry and give a single link for "Release" at the top or bottom of the page. It would save a lot of time. Please look in to this.

leather4sure.co.uk

Use a skeletal FA install.
Take a backup - 1.
Make a Sales Order 1.
Take a backup 2.
Make a Work Order 1 using the Sales Order 1 created above.
Take a backup 3.
Make a Sales Order 2.
Take a backup 4.
Make a Work Order 2 using the Sales Order 2 created now.
Take a backup 5.

You will now ave 4 incremental backup diffs from the above, based on which you should be able to figure out the sqls needed to bulk transform Sales Orders to Work Orders. The problem is to now segregate which Sales Order items are gotten from which Work Orders and their items.

That is why for simplified data entry and understanding, only one Sales Order is mapped into one Work Order for a 1:1 tracking. All other complex means that satisfy individual users are to be made as extensions which may be submitted tot he project so that it will be carried forward into future releases and benefit from user testing and improvement.

Hi @apmuthu, at least if there should be a mapping where one can see which work order is related to which sales order. Right now, they are completely independent of each other. We should have an option for making an independent work order or a work order linked to a sales order. An operator should be able to look in to sales order and see the work order made against each line item or vice versa.

Sorry, if I seem unreasonable. but I am running this software in a real life scenario in a factory and the feedback is based on the problems being faced.