Topic: Mismatch between transaction and payment

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing something, but basically one of a supplier invoice is not fully allocated (there is 0.31 left to pay), but when I go on the supplier transaction page , the total outstanding is 0.

Also, when I go to allocate payments, there is nothing left to allocate. How is that possible? How can I check the allocation are right ?

/Elax

Re: Mismatch between transaction and payment

I am not in office at present, but I think that there is a variable either in config.php or a flag on the client that allow to settle the payments. If there is a minor difference.

Please have a look. You can set it to zero if you want.

Joe

My question was more about, how is that possible ? I mean I enter invoices, payments, allocate payments to invoice, how come is that possible that according to the transaction page everything has been paid exactly (which is true) but one payment stills needs 0.31 ?

Anyway, I found the problem one credit note was allocated itself 0.31 . That doesn't make sense and indeed mess everything up , but I think it's not allowed anymore and was a bug which has been fixed. I'm I right ?

/Elax

Thanks elax. This info was helpful.

/Joe

i am from india, i devoleped metis erp using frontaccounting thing. i am a business man. we customised it with the help of a php known girl. i catered it to my friens firm who was using an offline softwre. unfortunately, nw during recent days, while he is trying to do customer payments in our software, we couldnt do that. whole amount that is to get is displayed in the report. but its less in the payment allocation window. i dnt knw wt to do. this problem is growing by day. kindly help me. i dnt knw programming at all. if this thing is okkey, my friend say that my erp is super fine. kindly do some thing, or even make a reply if you are unaware about the situation.........

Your version and customisation is now dependant on the "php known girl" as it is married to her only. If you had submitted the changes back to the project, then it is possible that it may have been carried forward. Unless you provide adequate details, the community will find it hard to serve you.

What version of FA did you take to develop from?
What platform are you running it on?
What steps are needed to simulate your error as it may be generic to FA even now and went undetected?
Is MetisERP your brand name?
How long have you been using it and how much data has accumulated in it?
Expect that it is now in production use.
Have you changed the database schema / extended it?
Have you customised your reports?
Do you have a maintenance contract for your ERP?

Contact me offline and let me see how to bring you back into the core FA flock.

Many FA users in the enterprise level fail to provide a budget for ongoing maintenance and customise FA heavily that when their "developers" leave they are left high and dry. All of this brings all Open Source projects a lack of dependability tag since branded offerings tout the fact that they are there to serve them. In the case of FA, the community is there to serve but there is a cost for human time - the code is free though.

If you have benefited from the project please donate generously to it and help enhance it's useability by participating in the forums creditably.

Make sales orders instead of direct invoices and then let the staff edit them and proceed to convert them into delivery orders and invoices thereafter.

The rate is a double type field and may generally need to be rounded to 2 decimal places - otherwise it gets stored will a lot of decimal places unlike a float (10, 2).