1 (edited by asgare 01/22/2015 11:07:03 am)

Topic: Report generator

some of my FA users are not familiar with accounting terms to go in details and read reports.
I need to create 4 types of reports via report generator but regrettably I am not experienced with FA DB.

According users feedback they need very simple report consist of:

1. Sales
1.1 A report that shows customers debts to company: fields: Customer Name, total amounts of each customer dept(total debts at bottom of list)
1.2 A report that shows company debts to customers: fields: Customer Name, total amounts of each customer owes (total owes at bottom of list)

2. Purchase
2.1 A report that shows company debts to suppliers: fields: suppliers name, total amounts of each suppliers dept(total debts at bottom of list)
2.2 A report that shows suppliers debts to company: fields: suppliers Name, total amounts of each suppliers owes (total owes at bottom of list)

with these 4 MySQL script I can fulfill their needs.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

2 (edited by apmuthu 01/22/2015 04:16:10 pm)

Re: Report generator

Refer the Wiki's Reports Page.
1.1 - Aged Customer Analysis
1.2 Company's debts to the customers - Sundry Creditors

2.1 - Aged Suppliers Analysis
2.2 Suppliers debts to Company - Sundry Debtors

Also checkout Outstanding Transactions (Print Statements).

Sundry Debtors / Creditors -> GL Ledger Reports.

3 (edited by asgare 01/28/2015 07:12:54 am)

I, exactly aware of the mentioned reports and thanks for explaining in detail.
As I said before for the sake of simplifying reports (since users have problem with reading mentioned reports) I need to do this. Since working with DB would be very easy task for you, I'd appreciate if you could write us some script to do that.

According my experience as a FA advanced user, this type of reports make ease of reading. In many intermediate and advance accounting apps there are powerful report generators which FA surfer from that.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

4 (edited by apmuthu 01/29/2015 10:02:06 am)

There are many report generators available based on PHP/MySQL/TCPDF and you can easily extend the FA reports by writing your own. Proprietary ones are pre-canned and limited to field level logic but you can customise FA reports to suit your needs. The project relies on "experienced FA advanced users" like yourself to extend it's functionality - welcome to the party.

Why not make a mockup graphic design of the reports you like so that some community member may want to and be able program it? If they are just some modifications to existing ones, then mark the add/delete/modify portions in them and link it here. For example, see this thread.

You may refer to this thread for a tutorial on report making in FA.