Topic: Welcome

Welcome to our forum about Setup. Please address questions related to the Setup section in FrontAccounting here.

admin

Re: Welcome

I can not seem to get past the basic set-up steps (ie company name, bank information) in order to add information for each client. We do work for clients based on project so I need to track each project and the total cost associated with the project. I've tried to enter to the separate projects under sales<sales order entry but i get a message that reads "there are no inventory items defined in the system". What do I do?

Just what the system is talking about. You have to enter somegoods or services you sold to program databse. You can do this via Items and Inventory Items option. If you offer only services, not material goods use 'Service'  item type. Thats all.

Hi
I finally got Frontaccounting set up on Centos 5.
Our Year end was set  via our Accountant it is 11/01/2009 to 10.31.2010.
How can I set that up on Frontaccounting?
Thanks

Please have a look in  about setting up FA.

/Joe

Thanks for the info Joe.
I have Booked Mark the page and will refer to it first from now on.

I want to know, is there any way to secure data(Transactions) from one role to other in setup

I'm not sure what you mean, but all the access roles setup is about giving access to some areas of application to selected users, while forbid it for others.

I'm from Malaysia.

I installed Frontaccounting for about a month, feel it a good erp software and want to implement for my company. I encounter the following problem on Tax (GST).

My country is going to implement GST system in coming April, most of the tax features in frontaccounting are good enough except:-

In my country GST system, Hypermarket invoice (simplify invoice)GST input only can claim upto 30 and could anyone help to how to setup in Frontaccounting.

Thanks.

What do you want instead of 30 (days?) ?

11 (edited by wai4u2my 01/11/2015 09:59:48 am)

Thanks for your reply.

It not 30 days. Let me made it clear.

In my country, we have 2 types of tax invoice,ie full tax invoive & simplify invoice.

For full tax invoice the buyer details will be printed on the invoice and buyer can claim 100% of the gst paid.

Where, simplify invoice is those invoice normal super market/ POS will issue, this kind of invoice the buyer only allow to claim upto max of MYR30.00 of the GST paid.

In order to eliminate over claim, is there anyway to restrict this in quick entry setup.

I tried the following method but do not know correct or not:

1. Quick entries - set quick entries for simplify invoice more than MYR500 (GST rate @ 6%) max can claim MYR30.00 balance of GST as expense
2. Preset GST Input account = MYR30
3. Remainer goto GST expense account.

When entering GST need to key-in GST amount and enter GO. Then the system automatically capture the GST entries.

Please advice!

Thanks.

The Full Tax is okay within FA.

The "Simplify" Tax is not available in FA currently and I do not think any other country follows such rules and hence may not get into FA.

You can however tweak the ajax updation code for the "Simplify" invoice so that it automatically puts the rest in an expense account.

Thanks apmuthu,

I see want can be done and will post my result once done.

I am setting up my invoices and I need to place at the bottom around 3 paragraphs of information on terms and international wire transfer processes.

I tried to put it in the Legal Text On Invoice Box in System and General Setup but it only seems to save around 3 lines.

Any help would be very useful as I am new to Frontaccounting??

I am hosting FA on Linux based system. At client's browser, whenever I click "Print Invoice", it open s a PDF file and I have to print from there. Is there any settings which will send print command directly to printer instead of opening up a PDF file?

Output is chosen as PDF or Excel type. If PDF is visible in browser, just print from there. Printers need to be available on your system or LAN with appropriate drivers installed. If you choose to setup your printer in the Print Profile in FA, then it will get automatically printed.