Topic: Editing Item List

Is there a list or a way to show all items with all fields for editing like quickbooks item list.

Right now the workflow to change pricing on items is rather lengthy
Items and Inventory -> Pricing and Costs- > Sales Pricing -> Select Item -> Choose Edit -> Update Price

It wouldn't replace the other menus already in place, it would just make the workflow easier

Ideally I would think to find the item you need to edit in any way
Items and Inventory -> Pricing and Costs- > Item List

Columns would be
Item Code, Name, Description, Item Tax Type, Item Type, Dimensions, Accounts, Cost, Avg Cost, Each Sales Type Price Defined
All with an edit link next to the corresponding field that would take you to the correct form to edit that correct info.

This way you could easily see if an inventory item is in the wrong account or priced incorrectly in-relation to other items you have.
When working with a lot of items currently having to go through and select each one from a drop down is a lot of work for a fairly simple task. Then after you currently need to run an inventory report to see if you missed anything, and go back and repeat.

Is there anything like this someone has made or maybe hidden in a different menu I'm not seeing?
Is there any chance something like this is in the works or something I could help with creating?
I haven't coded with PHP for a few years but I could easily get back into it if someone wants to work on this with me.

It would be really great to see a least a partial implementation of a simple item list in some way showing all the items with edit link to each existing menu for editing.

Re: Editing Item List

Correcting the material_cost directly in the table could have repercussions in the stock valuation and the dependent contra accounts as well when future FA inventory transactions occur.

Not to directly edit them from that list but the edit links would take you to the correct page to edit them. Everything could be done the same way currently just an overview of everything at once would be nice

dotemup wrote:

Not to directly edit them from that list but the edit links would take you to the correct page to edit them. Everything could be done the same way currently just an overview of everything at once would be nice

Good idea.  If possible, please also allow searching of the partial item description to throw a clickable item paging list.

Thanks.