Topic: something funny with Item Quantity

I got something funny going on here, sys set (Allow Negative Inventory: un-checked),

When I go to Direct Invoice and enter an Item I get error message: The delivery cannot be processed because there is an insufficient quantity for item: xx - Quantity On Hand = 0,  The (Stock Check Sheet) shows we have quantity of Item.  (Inventory Item Status), shows we have it.  In (Item Adjustments Note), proper Location, and proper Item, shows Quantity 0

When I go to (New Sales Order Entry) it adds Items no problem,  quantity or no quantity.

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: something funny with Item Quantity

Well, really strange.

alvin wrote:

In (Item Adjustments Note), proper Location, and proper Item, shows Quantity 0

You mean the status displayed via item code link after entry?
Janusz

alvin wrote:

In (Item Adjustments Note), proper Location, and proper Item, shows Quantity 0

Janusz wrote:

You mean the status displayed via item code link after entry?
Janusz

displayed after selecting location, and item, in Adjustment Items

Well, if we are talking about quantity input fierd on Adjustments page ity always defaults to zero, not the inventory status.
Regarding main problem it seems to be related to mantis bug 121, just localized I think.

Janusz

Ok,  sales_order_ui.inc fixed in main CVS branch. Please verify if it works for you.
Janusz

Nope it still don't work, 

Sales Order Entry, it adds Items no problem,  quantity or no quantity, Allow Negative Inventory:, checked or un-checked

Direct Invoice gives warning for all items unless you check Allow Negative Inventory:

?

Alvin

Some additional changes to qoh control has been made. When allow negative stock setting is off  we have signalized low stock also during sales order entry, but as before SO is accepted also with negative stock. CVS main.
Janusz