Topic: How to make allocation expense into dimensions/departments

Hello,

According to the system explanation, we can use the dimension function of FA as a departments/Division or a profit center in the company.
Sometimes a company level expenses (a common expense) have to be allocate to all departmens (FA use a Dimensions).

The expense allocation into each dimensions could be use an actual expense, production qty or whatever as a basis.

How FA could handle this transaction.

Thanks in advance.

/Ken Surya.

Re: How to make allocation expense into dimensions/departments

I am not sure I fully understand your qwuestion.
If you want all dimensions to have an expense, why use dimensions?
Please see  about how to use diemsnions.

/Joe

What I mention is usually in a company there're many profit center or departments.
One profit center could have a direct expense, that was the expense that direct related to their revenue and the expense that not related to  their operation (we called allocated expense, or head office allocated expense).

Why we use dimension?, because FA treath dimension as departments or profit center, and we want to have an Income Statement for each profit center.

Thanks.
KS

You can have 2 levels of dimensions. Can be set in Company Setup, Setup Tab.
Then you can use first level as Departments and second level as projects and/or cost/profit centres.

/Joe

Thanks, JOE for speedy reply ...

Can certain users be restricted to certain dimensions alone? Like accountants in one branch not accessing records of another.