Topic: Non-Inventory Items

Goofy question I know... We're primarily a reseller and drop ship all products.  Currently in our other accounting package there's a way to add a "non-inventory" item.

Is there any way to add or request a new item type be added into future released for a "Non-Inventory" item or possibly a "Drop Ship" item?

Yes, I understand if I set it to "Service" it will work just the same but we also sell services.  So now we have all of our items, hardware and services using the same item type which messes with my head.

BTW, excellent product, love the interface.

Re: Non-Inventory Items

You can add a new Item Category for you Non-inventory or Drop Ship Items. And then change from Service to these new Categories.

Joe

Yes but on that category I still have to select Item Type of "Service" or it attaches inventory accounts.  I was looking for a way to add a new Item Type so an Item Category or Item never references an Item Type of "Service".

Item Category (@joe) == Item Type (@theamdman)

5 (edited by uhappyy 11/06/2018 06:27:38 am)

Yes, I understand if I set it to "Service" it will work just the same but we also sell services.  So now we have all of our items, hardware and services using the same item type which messes with my head.

Create a separate category for true services and pseudo services (non inventory items).