Topic: Foreign Currency Total

A small bug noticed:

When I run the supplier aged analysis in foreign currency, the report has a grand total at the end.
However, it's the numerical total of different currencies and is meaningless.

Eg $100 + £100 = total 200

Would be better to exclude the total on supplier aged analysis and customer aged analysis when run in forex.

Mark

Re: Foreign Currency Total

Hello Mark.

Either you can select 'No Currency Filter' in which case the amounts are in domestic values and ok to totalize.
Or you can select a single currency, in which case it is ok to totalize.

Then Joe, it should be made to choose the company's default currency if no currency is chosen and an "all currencies" option be provided to generate one without the final grand (meaningless) total!

No, the options that I mentioned would be domestic (Company currency) values if no currency filter is chosen.

The report also states that the amounts are in domestic values.

You cannot not chose an aged report with multiple currencies.

/Joe

Then, are all forex transactions converted to domestic currency and displayed with all the others already in domestic currency or just the latter alone when "No Currency Filter" is chosen?

All currency customers are presented in company currency together with customers in the same currency as the company.

Only when a customer is selected that customers currency is presented.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Wiki-ed it.

Ah, apmuthu,

Customer and Supplier balances, aged analysis and currencies are handled the same way, so both the Customer and Supplier side of the reports should be wikied similarely.

Joe

Ok, I will correct this is the wiki.

Joe

Thanks. Done.