Topic: Individual units and cases of units

My company sells product A with a unique ID1, it also sells product A in a case of 12 units. Lets call 1 case product B. The case has assigned a unique ID2. So each Product B contains 12 units of Product A. I sell both product A and B at wholesale (to other businesses) and retail rates (to customers directly online).
Product A cost including material and labor: $2. Wholesale price at: $3. Retail Price at $4.
Product B cost including material and labor: $2x12 = $24. Wholesale price at: $3x12 = $36. Retail Price at $4x12=$48.

I would like to do the following:

- A way to keep my inventory updated for both A and B.
- Create invoices that allows me to have both items listed in the Invoice. So a customer can buy 3 units of A and 1 unit of B and both would show as different line items with different unique product IDs.

any suggestions on how this would work? This is a common setup. I have seen some similar questions but the answers have been missing or not clear for me. Thank you for all helpful contributions!

-mc

Re: Individual units and cases of units

I would use simple assembly in the Manufacturing tab, for the box with 12 units. This will make it easy to keep everything updated automatically.

Please use a Training Co. To test on. This way you will get a feeling of how to use it practically.

Joe