Topic: Additional dimensions needed

first I am sorry if this topic should be in in setup or in dimension admin please move accordingly.

we have a client that likes to migrate their accounting system to a new one.

1 requirement is the new accounting must be able to handle multiple dimension (means up to 7 dimensions) in a transaction.
    dim1 dim2 dim3 dim4 dim5 dim6 dim7 that is their business needs.

all others seems can handled by FA.

thank you,
red

Re: Additional dimensions needed

Consider using dimension/account tags for the dimensions that exceed two.

Joe

joe wrote:

Consider using dimension/account tags for the dimensions that exceed two.

Joe

hi joe,

thank you for the reply. i can't find a report that utilizes the tags, where i could find sample report that uses them?

thanks.

There are not many yet, but in the Banking and General Ledger you can use them for filtering in the Reports Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.

Joe

Hi joe,

thank you!

are you familiar with Infor SunSystems? they are using analysis dimensions (10 dimensions in GL Journal Entry) which is similar to Dimensions in FA. Can you point me to where I could use account and dimension tagging and  when? I am just looking for tutorial and scenario to grasp its concepts in FA. this would help us in evaluating FA for our accounting needs.

thanks a lot.

/ocavid

I am not familiar with Ifor SunSystems. Bear in mind that FA is Open Source. We are a non profit company. The only income are from donations.

We have no resources to give you support. You can search and use this forum for help.

Joe

To help with such OLAP (OnLine Analytical Processing), I have just resurrected the abandoned / forgotten phpMyOLAP in my GitHub Repo.