1 (edited by tester1 07/10/2014 12:03:31 pm)

Topic: FA query should be more flexible with any opensource code file @ admin

Hi,

@ FA admin - please note this ...

After trying lot of customization of other open source s/w with FA , i found FA code has many collision with other Source code.. I found i cant easy implement any other open-source " .php , jquery , ajax " ..etc file with FA ..

As said early : i have found FA table list view bit difficult , hence i tried my own implement of Table-view using TABLE-SORTER : http://tablesorter.com/docs/

After almost 1hr i build my own custom FA  php file with above table-sorter : but some of file of FA ... made my all work waste , as some FA query ( may be jquery , ajax ..whatever i don't know ) is colliding with table-sorter

I have place the query at stack : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24672854/tablesorter-typeerror-c-is-undefined-c-page

hence in-short FA query ( code ,  file structure .. ) should be flexible and so easy that i can use FA structure file code with any of other Open source code file structure ...  hence it would be easy for us to give many new features to FA

Re: FA query should be more flexible with any opensource code file @ admin

Well, what do you expect exactly? You have all the FA source code open. Tools which you have selected for your development depends only on you, so if they appeared not suitable for this aim what I can do for you?

Janusz

Hey,

I means to say ...  Button  action ... if i am using any  tool which as it own button action then it getting collide with FA ... as your button action is by default ... hence its getting collide.. for which i have to rewrite ... and struggle here there for solution ...mostly your button , submit , delete , add ..etc get collide ... and then i have to converting it with anchor tag with ajax call etc ... hence i think you should avoid such default action.

btw i have made own custom table view , will share soon and hope it will take FA to another level in view format and in many other way.

4 (edited by tester1 07/17/2014 10:59:56 am)

Hope you got what i means to say :

In brief :  i am trying to implement one Tool ( open source )  - its is some what for better table view ( thats for search , pagination etc ) .

what i have to do is ...  just include his button code in my resp. Custom FA  page thats " <button class=""></button> " with its external   jquery file and it will do searching automatically .. nothing else ...

but now when i click on above button ... then FA default button function action start on it .. and on top of my page "ajaxloader.gif" start showing ... hence such thing should be not made default in such BIGER Project

which is unwanted ... also some Tool have  shortcut for there code  which come though there external jquery files ...

hence in that we can do anything .. please think on it ..

Solution : what i did is i made my own page function thats " page_my(_($help_context = "commingsoon"),false, false, "", ""); "

smile

Still, I don't know what you realy would expect. FrontAccounting has built in ajax framework, which works fine. If you try to add anything which collide with the framework you have at leats 3 solutions:
1. change your code to not collide with main code;
2. change main code locally anyway you wish;
3. propose any changes in main FA code.

I will be happy to accept any improvements in FA ajax under one condition: all the FA code after the change have to work exactly as before. If you can provide me patch you would like to see in FA core code, go ahead. Otherwise choose solutions 1 or 2.

janusz

FA takes data from several tables and modifies it based on session variables that come from config file and other sources. Table Sorter is very useful for single query / single array based results. In the case of FA, there are several levels of master / detail layouts that may not be suitable for using Table Sorter though some pages may benefit from it. FA too uses a similar class inclusion to achieve it's layout although they may be encapsulated in functions / methods.

If you make a better mousetrap do place it here for review. Information sent to the contributions mailbox will be reviewed only by Janusz/Joe.