Topic: Trial Balance does not tally with Bank Report

Hi,
My auditor noticed that the balance shown for the bank in the on-screen Trial Balance is totally different to the value shown in the Bank Report for the same account (and the same period).

When in the on-screen Trial Balance, I click the link to the bank account, I get all the transactions for the bank account and these are good (same result as the report).

Why do I have this difference? Doesn't the Trial Balance get it's totals from the same tables?
What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.
Carmelo

Re: Trial Balance does not tally with Bank Report

The bank accounts transactions is not using the same table as the GL transactions.

Earlier release of FA allowed you to have several bank accounts using the same GL account.
This will cause you to see different values in bank transactions and GL transactions.

This behaviour is no longer allowed. Every bank account would have its own GL account.

However, the GL account should show correct values for the GL transactions.

Joe

Is there an easy way the extract GL transactions belonging to different bank accounts?

Thanks
Carmelo

No, not really. You could, however, create a script for doing this.

But you do not need to. The GL accounts shows correct values in respect to the audit.

I have not tried this myself, but I think you can create GL accounts you want to mirror into bank accounts. Then create new bank accounts with almost the same names as the old one and select the new GL accounts.

Then you could use bank transfer to correct the problems.

Maybe you should try these operations on a Trainings Co. First.

Joe

Thanks, I will try it.

Carmelo