Topic: Invoice reporting

Please someone tell me additional information that I can provide to my server support. None of the reports are printing, all result in a 404 error. This is on a fresh install of 2.3.21 with all diagnostics OK. After 2 full days of troubleshooting with the server people they have resorted to this:
"In this case what would suggest is to consult with the application developers at frontaccounting application as they are most familiar with the application functionality, over which file of the application creates this .pdf file, what function they are using or if possible to provide us with more details over the script requirements so we can review them once again and test from our end additionally."

I do not know what to tell them.
Rep107.php prints invoices I know. When I click display on the software, does it call this page directly? And then this function calls pdf_report.inc? What function actually saves the pdf file to the server? Because the pdf is not saving to my server?

Re: Invoice reporting

The *.pdf report files are created by Output method of TCPDF class (see tcpdf.php at line 4044).

Anyway, the exact system error message should be avilable in some file on the server. Have you set $go_debug variable in config.php? Have you inspected tmp/errors.log file? This is standard file when all the php/system errors encountered during FA runtime are written, but exact system behaviour depends also on server configuration.
Janusz

Janusz, I provided the information you gave me to the server support team, can you please advise on any steps I can now do to troubleshoot based on the following response from them:

"I reviewed the script and I noticed that the fopen and fwrite PHP function are used.

I created a test script in the same location which is working properly. You can check it bellow:

http://freedombrew.us/frontaccounting/reporting/includes/test/test.php

The information is added in the file bellow:

http://freedombrew.us/frontaccounting/reporting/includes/test/data.txt

You can also go to the URL below, delete the content in the data.txt file then visit the script and it will be added again.

https://cp.freehostia.com/filemanager/#/www/freedombrew.us/frontaccounting/reporting/includes/test

As I was able to understand the script is trying to access a file named "doc.pdf" which doesn't exit in the directory where the script is located, however this information might not be accurate because we are not familiar with this script and your developers is supposed to troubleshoot it.

I'm afraid that we can not proceed troubleshooting the case because the used function are working properly as you can see which indicates the the problem is not caused by the directory permission or any other server configuration."

I can provide you access to my server if you need to see anything directly for more clarity but this is beginning to frustrate me as I can't figure out for the life of me why it is not making these reports.

Ok, if this is still an issue, please send me the details on PM. I can look into the problem in spare time.
janusz

It could be a folder path / permissions issue or a lack of fonts used.