Re: Dashboard Theme and Module

Hi Dave
It took me a while to check the dashboard operation on 2.3.16, but I've just run through a fresh install of 2.3.16 and then the dashboard module and theme, and then reconfigured some widgets and it all seems to work ok for me. You may need to check the error.log in the tmp folder and let us know of anything in there.
Thanks
Alastair

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Surely this is not message generated by FrontAccounting nor dashboard module.
Janusz

I just realised its a generic PHP error. See:
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9951637/an-error-occurred-while-processing-this-directive
Check file ownership and permission

Interesting, thanks for the info, I have never encountered this issue.
Janusz

I installed the 2.3.19 dashboard plus exclusive-db theme into 2.4.x. Now the dashboard is incorrectly showing the version number as "2.3.19" in the top LH corner of the window. Can someone fix this so that the current version is displayed instead?

Version 2.4.x is not ready to be used safely. This is in beta phase, so you should better stay with current 2.3.19 stable.
Janusz

Hello,

l want to congratulate you "Alastair R" on this module, l have installed on 2.3.19 and is working perfecly for now.

Regards,
Akinola

Hi,
I have this layout issue
http://screencast.com/t/3LpfhTCu

i try Google chrome and Firefox

That's the SQL display that is creating the screen width. Turn off the SQL debug and it will then look a bit better.

thank you very much smile, it's a wonderful dashboard

Hi AlastairR,

Thanks for the wonderfull module! I do have a problem with it though. On the Dashboard tab I get the following message:

implode(): Invalid arguments passed in file: /srv/bosgraaf/www/**My URL**/includes/ui/ui_controls.inc on line59

Everything does seem to work but what does this message mean and what is going wrong? Did I miss a setting?

I'm using FA 2.3.24 and Dashboard 2.4.0-1 with Exclusive Dashboard Theme 2.3.10-3

I did search the web and this forum but didn't find a solution. I hop you or someone else is able to help!

Thanks in advance!

This seems to be a 2.4 problem. I downloaded and installed the 2.4 release and found this error but had not had a chance to pass a fix back to the team.
The problem is in ~/modules/dashboard/includes/dashboard_ui.inc. Please delete the function text_input completely and that will get rid of the that problem.
I suspect though, the problem is actually 2.4 versions of modules being downloaded for a 2.3 installation.

Thanks a lot for your very quick reply!

I've tried your solution but unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. Perhaps it is because of my lack of knowledge in coding :-S

I've changed the dashboard_ui.inc to:

<?php
// ----------------------------------------------------------------
// $ Revision:  1.0 $
// Creator: Alastair Robertson
// date_:   2013-01-30
// Title:   UI functions for dashboard
// Free software under GNU GPL
// ----------------------------------------------------------------

function widget_list_row($widgets, $label, $name, $selected_id=null, $submit_on_change=false)
{
    echo "<tr><td class='label'>$label</td><td>";
    echo array_selector($name, $selected_id, $widgets,
        array(
            'select_submit'=> $submit_on_change
        ) );
    echo "</td></tr>\n";
}

function select_row($label, $name, $selected_id=null, $items, $options)
{
    // add missing function for generic selector row
    echo "<tr><td class='label'>$label</td><td>";
    echo array_selector($name, $selected_id, $items, $options);
    echo "</td></tr>\n";
}

function start_cell()
{
    echo "<td>";
}

function end_cell()
{
    echo "</td>";
}
?>

I still get the message as mentioned earlier.

Hi Alastair,

Any news on this problem yet? I've found out that the error occurs only when there are widgets used. So when I add the widget "Overdue Sales Invoices" to the Dashboard page/area. The error is showed on that page only. When I remove the widget the error is gone again.

Hope you can help!

Hi Alastair,

I have installed the dashboard theme on FA 2.3.25.  I am using utf-8 and I have changed the encoding in   lang\installed_languages.inc from "iso-8859-1" to 'utf-8".  And once I change this, the wordings (legends, headers etc) on the charts or table will disappear.  Only when I switch back to iso-8859-1, then these wordings will appear.  I am not sure how could I make it appear if I use "utf-8"?  Would you please advise? 

Below are the codes in installed_languages.inc as you could see I have to switch between the 2 encoding.
I need to use utf-8 because I need to handle some Chinese characters.

<
$installed_languages = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'code' => 'C',
    'name' => 'English',
//    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
    'encoding' => 'utf-8',

),

Hope you compiled the *.mo file in utf-8. The C language is generally in iso-8859-1 as the original gettext strings in the code are in that language.

Hi apmuthu,

Thanks for your reply.   I have this file in US English \lang\en_US\LC_MESSAGES\en_US-2.3.12-1.po and I can compile it using poedit and it is already in utf-8.  However, I don't have a lang\C... in the lang directory.  Would you enlighten me which .po file should I compile to utf-8 and I will try it out..

Thank you

/Mark

43 (edited by apmuthu 01/04/2017 08:39:37 am)

Since you are interested in the Chinese language, it would be best if you install the latest Chinese Language Extension and then take it from there. Each language used by FA must be an element in the $installed_languages array.

I have an example for the Tamil language in my repo (recently updated) you can use for reference.

In fact, I have successfully done the Chinese language before.  The issue is when I installed the dashboard theme and extension as created by Alastair, the encoding has to be 8859-1.  If I change it to utf-8 (as shown below), the legends, headers of the tables and charts will not show up.   I am wondering how I could use the utf-8 and yet the dashboard can still show the legend properly. Please refer to the following screenshots:

http:www.mgatech-sg.com/images/fa1-iso8895-1.png
http:www.mgatech-sg.com/images/fa1-utf-8.png

<
$installed_languages = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'code' => 'C',
    'name' => 'English',
//    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
    'encoding' => 'utf-8',
  ),

Thanks again!

This has something to do solely with the code rendering the images - graphs. Check if there are any hard coded character sets used.