Topic: Allocation for Credit Notes not working correctly

Hi, I updated to last version .19 and installed the fixes from https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4512:

(FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19.zip 135.61 kb, 4 downloads since 2014-01-04)

Now when I enter a new Supplier Credit Note, allocation isn't working correctly.

Normally I would enter a Bank deposit (using the supplier) then go back and allocate this deposit with the credit note but it's all working very stangely.

Can you have a look ? Thanks !!

Re: Allocation for Credit Notes not working correctly

Hope you have set the currencies for the supplier and the company correctly and have the exchange rates entered if they are different or different from the company's default currency.

I don't work with currencies. I'm doing an operation that I've done many times before.

Please list steps to achieve the error state and the url text before and after the error.

5 (edited by msmith 01/19/2014 11:27:43 am)

- I make a supplier credit note for a local supplier (that I've used many times) for a total of 52,88€. NOTE: If I go into 'Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes' it lets me allocate even though there is nothing to allocate...
- This supplier pays the credit note by sending the money to one of our bank accounts.
- I go to Bank Deposit, select date, 'Supplier', enter the supplier and enter the amount of the deposit made by the supplier (in this case the total of the credit note).
- At this moment I would go back to 'Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes' and allocate the deposit to the credit note, but what I'm finding is both the bank deposit and the credit note to allocate !!! It's as if the credit note is working as an Invoice...

http://i44.tinypic.com/aonwi0.jpg

The credit notes is used for allocations just like supplier payments. I will have a look at this. I think all is ok, but I will be back.

Joe

Hello again.

Everything is working correctly.
After you have entered the Bank Deposit and the Credit Note go to Purchasing tab, Allocate Supplier Payments or Credit Notes. Look up your credit note and press the Allocate button (image). Look up the Bank Deposit and allocate all and press Process button.

Now Everything is ok smile

/Joe

Yes, that works... But it didn't use to work like that... I'm confused and seeing the 2 lines in allocation is confusing.

I know, but this is the way to eliminate the Bank Deposit from the allocation form.

/Joe

Joe, is this something that will be changed so it's comprehensive like before? Or will it be like that for good ? Thanks !

The Bank Deposit should not be seen on the initial screen. On my setup here I cannot see the bank deposit on the initial screen, because only Supplier/Bank Payments abd Supplier Credit Notes should be seen here. First when you press the Allocate image, the bank deposits are seen among the invoices.

Joe

Sorry, but still don't understand... :-(

The tricky part arise when you have paid the Spplier Invoice, either by a Customer Payment or a Bank Payment, and later receive a Credit Note and a supplier refund (Bank Deposit).

I will try to explain everything in detail.

1. You receive a Supplier Invoice.

2. You most certainly pay the Supplier Invoice by  a Customer Payment. Here you will select the invoice that should be allocated.

3 After a while you claim the Supplier Invoice (you want your money back). This results in a Supplier Credit Note.

4. This Credit note cannot be used to allocate the Supplier Invoice. This invoice has already been allocated. So the Credit note simple stays here until you receive the refund from your Supplier (a Bank Deposit).

5.  Now the Credit Note is used for allocating the Bank Deposit.

6. You can only use Supplier Payments,  Bank Payments of Credit Notes for allocation of Supplier Invoices (and also Bank Deposits).

7. When no payments are involved things are much easier. Then the Credit Note is being used to allocate the Invoice. And this is done automatically when using the supplier transactions window.

/Joe

Thanks Joe, I think I understand the way it works now... But did it always work like that ? (at least in the past versions)

I guess so, but I am not sure. At least it should.

Joe

I remember seeing "weird" stuff in the allocation windows after migrating to 2.3.19 or 2.3.18, which were Credit Notes appearing in the list of invoice to allocate money to. Meaning you could allocate the credit note to itself.

This has been introduced at the same time as the "new" allocation icons.
However it seems to be fixed now.
(To be fair those weird stuff appeard when I upgraded from a non-stable version from the git-repo. I remember also having to unmerge everything 'allocation' related).

@msmith, are you sure you are running the latest stable release ?

/Elax

Yes exactly !!! That's what's happening !!

I think it started happening since I installed .19 directly with the fixes from https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4512:  (FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19.zip 135.61 kb, 4 downloads since 2014-01-04)

What should I do ? Overwrite this version with just the plain ?stable? .19 ? Or could that cause problems...?

Thanks. Added caveat. See Forum Post. It also has fixes till 2014-01-27.

Thank you very much, seems to work, what I have to figure out is if we have messed up any previous transactions :-(