Topic: New COA The Netherlands (Dutch)

Just send in to the contribution mailbox an updated Dutch COA. It contains the COA for a small/mid-size Dutch company, includion some predefined setting for example Tax rates, etc.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Re: New COA The Netherlands (Dutch)

Hi Erwin, can you be so kind to sent me the COA!
Thx in advance.

Hi, just send by forum e-mail

Hi Erwin,
Am I right this chart belongs to a very strange company? It has no accounts for income, at least not as far as I can see. Would you be so kind to look into this?
Thanks.

I'm not in the Netherlands, but this sounds like my company....  lots of expenses but no income!  LOL!  smile

Regards,

Chris

Hi Rein,

I have installed a clean FA install with Dutch COA and it seems to be a lot of account groups are not included (turnover (30), tangible fixed assets, etc). This groups and accounts are included in the COA file which I send in to the contributions mailbox. Looks like the conversion from my file to the COA included in repository didn't succeed 100%.

maybe can one of the core developers check this?

rein, i will send the correct coa to you by forum e-mail.

Erwin,

I have included the COA as I received it. I have no possibility to verify contributed COAs in all details, but I have just looked in the file, and seems that account group '30' (described  'OMZET') is here. Anyway if there are any problems found in the current version, please send me updated file to be included in repo.

Janusz

Thanks a lot to you all for answering so fast!
I did notice group 30, only after I asked my question. I was looking somewhere in the 80's. Still, there are no accounts in group 30 and I'm not sure how to deal with that.

I'm not much of a bookkeeper, just trying to get FA adapted to my needs and I think I can get that done. It is very complete, yet relatively easy to understand even for someone like myself.

Hi Janusz,
I have made an export from the clean installed database with dutch coa installed, and by vlookup checked this export with my original file. I have identified 2 problems:

1. in total 27 accountnumbers are missing in the Dutch COA (starting from nr 7010 to 9699). PLease check my original file and the difference with the COA file.
2. a lot of account number are correctly available in the COA but does not appear in the listings. It seems to be this happend to all the accountnumbers which are assigned to an account group starting with a 0-ID, like:  01 or 02 or 04. By exemple account group 04 (Voorraden, = dutch for inventory) seems to be correctly available in the account groups and if you check the backup file there are account numbers which reference to this account group, by example 3000 or 3100.

In my orgiginal FA setup where i designed the Dutch COA, everything seems to be working ok. I just send a copy of this COA to the contribution mailbox. Maybe can you check this issues, it would be very helpful for the Ducth users.

thnx

I have answered you by email. Further fixes in COA are needed.
Janusz

janusz has identified 2 errors in my updated COA:
- duplicate account code 7000
- leading zeros in account groups are stripped.

I have updated the COA: removed duplicated number and renumbered account groep 01-0X to 11-1X, 11-1X to 21-2X and so on. I have send the updated file to Janusz for review.

Seems to be COA will be working hereinafter...

thnx janusz for checking the COA file and uploading in the repository.

@rein: COA is updated, income accounts must be working now.
@chrison: Also the Dutch can make income now smile

@erwindebruin:  Wish this Canadian could make some income!  sad  February is my slow month.  Hopefully, March will be better.

erwindebruin wrote:

thnx janusz for checking the COA file and uploading in the repository.

@rein: COA is updated, income accounts must be working now.
@chrison: Also the Dutch can make income now smile

Thanks a lot Erwin for doing such an excellent job. I sure would like to make some income and now I can book it too.

15 (edited by denise 01/02/2014 03:58:45 pm)

I'm playing around with FA and ran into a couple of questions when reviewing the Dutch chart of accounts (COA) and default GL settings.
1) A GR/IR account (Rekening nog te ontvangen inkoopfacturen) doesn't seem to be available. Is there a special reason for not doing so or did I overlook something? In the default English version account 1550 is in the chart of accounts and linked to GRN Clearing Account in general GL settings. When reviewing commercial packages like e.g. Exact they do seem to advice on using such an account to address discrepancies between receiving goods/invoices.
http://www.exactsoftware.com/docs/DocView.aspx?DocumentID=%7B4053916a-4783-46d4-8d45-c3d118448045%7D
2) Is there a special reason for configuring 3 VAT percentages in the tax code setup only? If we would identify all possible tax groupings as dictated by Dutch IRS like e.g. social bookkeeping package has preconfigured we would be more flexible in my opinion.
http://www.bc.nl/documenten/Handleiding%20BC.nl%20Boekhouden%20-%20uitgebreide%20versie.pdf

Right now it would e.g. be hard to distinguish between 0% invoices for e.g. bank costs (NL-NL invoice) as opposed to an invoice from/to another EU country invoicing without vat according to intracommunutaire law which should be reported separately on the VAT (BTW) and intracommunautair (ICF) report.

I'm not in favour of uploading various "flavours" of the Dutch COA into the FA repository hence would appreciate if we could come to consensus on a COA which would work for all of us.

denise wrote:

I'm playing around with FA and ran into a couple of questions when reviewing the Dutch chart of accounts (COA) and default GL settings.
1) A GR/IR account (Rekening nog te ontvangen inkoopfacturen) doesn't seem to be available. Is there a special reason for not doing so or did I overlook something? In the default English version account 1550 is in the chart of accounts and linked to GRN Clearing Account in general GL settings. When reviewing commercial packages like e.g. Exact they do seem to advice on using such an account to address discrepancies between receiving goods/invoices.
http://www.exactsoftware.com/docs/DocView.aspx?DocumentID=%7B4053916a-4783-46d4-8d45-c3d118448045%7D
2) Is there a special reason for configuring 3 VAT percentages in the tax code setup only? If we would identify all possible tax groupings as dictated by Dutch IRS like e.g. social bookkeeping package has preconfigured we would be more flexible in my opinion.
http://www.bc.nl/documenten/Handleiding%20BC.nl%20Boekhouden%20-%20uitgebreide%20versie.pdf

Right now it would e.g. be hard to distinguish between 0% invoices for e.g. bank costs (NL-NL invoice) as opposed to an invoice from/to another EU country invoicing without vat according to intracommunutaire law which should be reported separately on the VAT (BTW) and intracommunautair (ICF) report.

I'm not in favour of uploading various "flavours" of the Dutch COA into the FA repository hence would appreciate if we could come to consensus on a COA which would work for all of us.

1) you can select your own GR/IR account after installing the COA (goto the "Instellingen" menu and select "Instellingen Systeem en Grootboek". I don't use such account, but you can enable it if you prefer to.

2) I think the current tax-types/percentages as included in the Dutch COA are suitable for the most users by including only the main Dutch VAT Tax groups/types. What kind of tax type/percentages would you suggest to include? Including all kind of taxes could be too confusing.

17 (edited by denise 01/03/2014 05:59:04 pm)

Hi Erwin,

Thx for you quick response. Much appreciated smile

1) I noticed already I could add the GR/IR account back in manually but was wondering why it was removed from the default settings in the Dutch COA as it is setup by default in the English version. Probably because you personally don't use it indeed wink
2) Preferably I still have all possible VAT scenario's setup like Social Bookkeeping have done in their VAT preconfig. Joost Oosterhoff also described them here http://www.oosterhoff.org/cms/nl/alle-artikelen/21-information-control/foutloos-boekhouden-met-frontaccounting/46-nederlandse-btw-in-frontaccounting.html
Looks like right now only 1a, 1b and 5 are preconfigured. Personally I also need 3b and 4b. The value reported here in the standard VAT report to the Dutch IRS has to be included in the ICF report as well. I can imagine other potential Dutch customers require one of the other tax groupings as well though hence my suggestion to include them all in the default COA to make it easy for new adopters to just pick what they need rather than having to set the VAT groupings up from scratch themselves.

Alternately we could still go the route of having me upload a second COA into FA repository with a description similar to "Dutch COA suitable for import/export to/from Netherlands and companies having the need to reconcile stock receipts".

May I ask what type of company you've implemented FA in? Service companies only or also trade companies? Already when you ship product to/from Belgium to Netherlands (quite common I guess) you need 3b/4b if you plan to invoice with 0% VAT.

Also in case someone is planning to build an interface between FA and Dutch IRS to be able to automatically submit the tax return it would be easier I guess to just map all preconfigured tax groupings from FA to the Dutch IRS (I haven't found an API on the site of the Dutch IRS yet though so not sure yet how other packages obtained the required info to build their interfaces).

Do you also know if there's a standard VAT/ICF report preconfigured in FA already or whether we need to build this from scratch? I'm playing around with Rapidminer now to see if I can easily build the required tax report from this 3rd party tool for the time being.

Best regards,

Denise

Hi Denise,

denise wrote:

1) I noticed already I could add the GR/IR account back in manually but was wondering why it was removed from the default settings in the Dutch COA as it is setup by default in the English version. Probably because you personally don't use it indeed wink

Ok, I will set GR/IR account to 1605 by default in the update COA ? By mistake i didn't know this setting is default in the English COA.

denise wrote:

2) Preferably I still have all possible VAT scenario's setup like Social Bookkeeping have done in their VAT preconfig. Joost Oosterhoff also described them here http://www.oosterhoff.org/cms/nl/alle-artikelen/21-information-control/foutloos-boekhouden-met-frontaccounting/46-nederlandse-btw-in-frontaccounting.html
Looks like right now only 1a, 1b and 5 are preconfigured. Personally I also need 3b and 4b. The value reported here in the standard VAT report to the Dutch IRS has to be included in the ICF report as well. I can imagine other potential Dutch customers require one of the other tax groupings as well though hence my suggestion to include them all in the default COA to make it easy for new adopters to just pick what they need rather than having to set the VAT groupings up from scratch themselves.

Alternately we could still go the route of having me upload a second COA into FA repository with a description similar to "Dutch COA suitable for import/export to/from Netherlands and companies having the need to reconcile stock receipts".

What about changing the VAT-scenario's to the following:
http://img42.com/aV7lK+

BTW Hoog covers 1a on the Ducth IRS Tax form (sales, also 5b purchases)
BTW Laag covers 1b (sales, also 5b purchases)
BTW Vrij (EU) covers 3b and 4b
BTW verlegd covers 1e and 2a
BTW Vrij (non EU) covers 3a and 4a

Not covered is:
- 1c --> non routine transactions, to be crecorded by manual journal entry?
- 1d --> idem
- 3c --> no idea how to set this up?? Non routine/branch specific?
- 5d --> non routine, to be recorded by manual entry
- 5e idem
- 5f idem

Almost all GL accounts are allready present, just needed one account to be added.

I prefer one Dutch COA, so i prefer to update the existing COA with above changes? After receiving you comments I will generate an updated COA and will send it to you for testing purposes. After testing i will ask Janusz to update it in the repository.

denise wrote:

May I ask what type of company you've implemented FA in? Service companies only or also trade companies? Already when you ship product to/from Belgium to Netherlands (quite common I guess) you need 3b/4b if you plan to invoice with 0% VAT.

I use FA in a few service companies and a few non-profit companies. So no trading company indeed, that's why I don't use the GR/IR account.

denise wrote:

Also in case someone is planning to build an interface between FA and Dutch IRS to be able to automatically submit the tax return it would be easier I guess to just map all preconfigured tax groupings from FA to the Dutch IRS (I haven't found an API on the site of the Dutch IRS yet though so not sure yet how other packages obtained the required info to build their interfaces).

I don't know if such interface exists. If it exists i'm also interested. But i think it would be really hard to build an interface like this. If i'm right all electronic communications like this must be going through Dutch "Digipoort" and you will need an "PKI Overheid Services" certificate for this.

denise wrote:

Do you also know if there's a standard VAT/ICF report preconfigured in FA already or whether we need to build this from scratch? I'm playing around with Rapidminer now to see if I can easily build the required tax report from this 3rd party tool for the time being.

No i don't think this is available yet. But if you're planning to configure one, i'm also interested.