Topic: Selectable currency per transaction.

Hi,
Just a wish is it possible to be able to select a currency at the time of doing a transaction.
This has come up when we buy from the same supplier but in a different currency, other then their base currency (we get around this by making another supplier). but would be nice to keep it under the one entity
also when paying suppliers or making payments you could just enter the amount in the suppliers or needed currency rather then in your home currency.

If this is possible that would be great. or is it in version 2 currently using 1.16

Re: Selectable currency per transaction.

Hello wildkactus,

In current database structure we cannot implement this, as transaction currency is stored only in customer settings, not transaction table. We could treat this as db architecture fault, but as for today we do not want to enter more db changes before final 2.0 release. Currently source is in frozen state and version 2.0 beta will be available on sf.net soon.

The second matter (multi currency payments) is worth of think over and needs a little less effort, but it must wait a while for the same reason.

Janusz

janusz,
      Thanks, I just thought I would ask.
we get around it now, so no hassle.

if you get to it at any stage that would be good, if you don't no problem

keep up the good work. great program.

Has there been any progress in this?
An alternate option I could think of is to move the currency definition from the client level to the branch level which would allow for billing in different currencies to the same client, yet keeping records separated?

We have the same problem - clients purchase from our ecommerce site and checkout using Paypal in different currencies. Being able to enter these orders and sales into a single account regarless of their native currency would be a huge bonus.

I agree current multicrrency model is not flexible enough. We have to look into it after final 2.2 release.
Janusz

Sorry to bother but
Any advance on this topic?

Or if not, any guidelines to attempt to do it myself?
thanks

I'm afraid no  advance so far.
For every sales transaction currency is stored in related customer data. To change this you will have to add currency in sales transaction (sales_order/debtor_trans record) and use customer setting only as default for new transaction. Beside this you will have to extend upgrade routines and standard sql database script en_US-demo/en_US-new. All the work should not take more han a couple of hours (plus tests). The same have to be done  probably on purchase side.

Janusz

Hello,,

Any advance on this topic?