Topic: Release 2.3.19

Announcement

This is a 2.3.19 bugfix release.
Please update your installation to avoid problems.

Common

• Page number is now printed on all documents (starting from second page).

• Fixed problem with login after intallation, when special chars are used in password.

• Supplier Payment, Payments, Bank Transfer: fixed account balance limit checks.

• Printer Profiles: fixed sql error on update under some MySQL versions.

• Added portuguese translation for installer.

• Some documents views didn't show new lines in comments. Fixed.

Sales

• Order Status Listing Report shows invoiced in heading rather than delivered.

• Receipts and Remittances now show discounts.

• Customer Payments: improved readbility and multiply cleanups in payments allocations.

• Customer Balances Reports: fixed error in recalculation to home currency value.

• Customer Allocation Inquiry: fixed payment forms initialization, different icons for payment and allocation links.

• When automatic creating a branch the contact is also created on the customer.

• Fixed person contact deletion.

Purchasing

• Supplier Invoice: tax was not updated on GRN line addition/removal.

• Remittances now show discounts.

• Payments to Supplier: improved readbility and multiply cleanups in payments allocations.

• Supplier Payment: small fix in fixed ui translation.

• Supplier Balances Reports: fixed error in recalculation to home currency value.

• Supplier Allocation Inquiry: fixed payment forms initialization, different icons for playment and allocation links.

• Fixed person contact deletion.

• Supplier transactions now show supplier reference for PO Deliveries.

• Supplier Allocations: Bank Payments transactions were improperly available for supplier payments allocations.

• Supplier Invoice: Fixed tax input refresh after change in gl/grn items.

Items and Inventory

• Units of Measure: fixed edition problems when abbreviation contains special characters.

• Currency problem in Item Sales Summary Report

Banking and General Ledger

• Bank Transfer: fixed typo in input description.

• Fixed bug in bank history check resulting in false negative balance errors.

• Bank Payment/Bank Deposit: removed sparse sign from settled amount input, fixed sign in AR/AP record;

• Fixed amounts displayed in header for customer/supplier bank payments.

• Bank Transfer: roundings for transfers between two currencies are posted to exchange variance account.

• Bank Payment View, Bank Deposit View: fixed 'left to allocate' amount, added value in customer/payment currency.

/Joe

Re: Release 2.3.19

HI Joe, thanks for updating this. but we are expecting 2.4 smile can you please share when we see the great effort of FA team inform of 2.4 version.?

In near future.

/Joe

I had 2.3.18 installed and it seemed to be working.
All I did was copy new 2.3.19 files up to the frontaccounting directory and it seems to be running fine. Login screen says 2.3.19
Is that all there is to it for an update/upgrade?

I'm still studying frontaccounting, looks really cools so far. I have it running in VirtualBox under a debien wheezy server install.

Pat Jr.

Please read the update.html files. You are right. This is all there is do to.

/Joe

I can't see anything on the git repo, has it been updated ?

/Elax

I don't know. Apmuthu handles this repo.

/Joe

8 (edited by apmuthu 11/07/2013 11:34:26 am)

I handle my own FA Git Repo on GitHub only and is updated only when I have the time and is mostly done from release to release with primary focus on the extensions' files besides enabling easy forking within the Github Browser GUI.

The Official Git Repo mirror of the main Hg Repo on SF is managed by Janusz and  has not been updated in more than 10 days.

Upgrade from FA v2.3.18 to v2.3.19 can be done by uploading the changed files attached in this post.

Post release fixes are  in the  Mercurial repo.

Post's attachments

fac_v2.3.18_to_v2.3.19.zip 250.2 kb, 18 downloads since 2013-11-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm speaking of the official Git repo. Does your own repo share the same SHA than the official one ?
Otherwise, I'll just wait for Janusz to update it.

/Elax

My repo's core folder is the exact code base as the official one but on a release to release upload and the there are extras as well in a separate extensions folder in the repo.

I use this for comparing my personal changes against the official core and have the files from the fa extensions repo as well for any fixes in the interim that may come about.

I understand the code is the same, but depending how you import them to git and if you add some file, the commit object would be different and so have a different SHA than the official version. This mean I'll probably have some conflict if I pull you version and then pull the official one. Which is why it's better that everybody pulll from the same git repo instead of creating it's own one.

/Elax

The core folder in my repo is just the full file set in the FA release directly from the SF release page and not a pull from the official repo. This is done for easy maintenance between version upgrades. All old files are wiped out when a new release comes in. No files are added to the core folder. A sibling to the core folder is the extensions folder that contains the files of the various extensions.

Joe,

After updating to 2.3.19 I receive a database error in Banking and General Ledger > Journal Inquiry when pressing on the link in column "Trans #" to view the transaction details. The error doesn't occurs in all transaction type views. The error occurs for example with bank deposit, bank payment and fund transfer. But with "Sales Invoice" I don't receive the error.

Tested on my live environment and on a clean install.

14 (edited by apmuthu 11/10/2013 03:55:13 am)

There have been very few changes from v2.3.18 to v2.3.19 and I have placed a list of changed files in an earlier post in this thread. There appears to be one more bugfix in the Hg repo that can be downloaded from here and made to overwrite the file at gl/gl_bank.php. It is also attached in this post.

All you have to do is step from one commit to the other in the HG Repo (red dot stable version commits only) and see where it fails.

Install v2.3.18 and make sure your error does not arise.
Start with fixes from the HG Repo at:

0002430: Order Status Listing Report shows invoiced in heading rather than delivered. Fixed.

and go on till the last one at:

Payments, Deposits: fixed false error when payment is made in customer/supplier currency.

If you can provide the sequence of menu clicks that got you the error, it will be easy to zero in to the issue.

Post's attachments

gl_bank.zip 3.6 kb, 7 downloads since 2013-11-10 

15 (edited by erwindebruin 11/10/2013 09:55:25 am)

Hi Apmuthu,

Thanks for your response. I have followed your steps and now know which file will trigger the following error:

Databasefout : query for bank transaction
error code : 1305
error message : FUNCTION frontaccounting.IFNULL does not exist
sql that failed was : SELECT bt.*, act.*, IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount), IFNULL (abs(st.ov_amount), bt.amount)) settled_amount, IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount/bt.amount), IFNULL (abs(st.ov_amount/bt.amount), 1)) settle_rate, IFNULL(debtor.curr_code, IFNULL (supplier.curr_code, act.bank_curr_code)) settle_curr FROM 12_bank_trans bt LEFT JOIN 12_debtor_trans dt ON dt.type=bt.type AND dt.trans_no=bt.trans_no LEFT JOIN 12_debtors_master debtor ON debtor.debtor_no = dt.debtor_no LEFT JOIN 12_supp_trans st ON st.type=bt.type AND st.trans_no=bt.trans_no LEFT JOIN 12_suppliers supplier ON supplier.supplier_id = st.supplier_id, 12_bank_accounts act WHERE act.id=bt.bank_act AND bt.type='2' AND bt.trans_no = '1' ORDER BY trans_date, bt.id

The 1305 error is triggered by the changed file /gl/includes/db/gl_db_bank_trans.inc

I have googled a bit on the error code and found this post: http://blog.152.org/2009/12/mysql-error … s-not.html

According to this instruction I have removed several spaces between IFNULL and the ( character in the file /gl/includes/db/gl_db_bank_trans.inc (1 space on each line in 69-71, so 3 in total).

Original code (extract)

IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount), IFNULL (abs(st.ov_amount), bt.amount)) settled_amount,
        IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount/bt.amount), IFNULL (abs(st.ov_amount/bt.amount), 1)) settle_rate,
        IFNULL(debtor.curr_code, IFNULL (supplier.curr_code, act.bank_curr_code)) settle_curr

Changed code (extract)

IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount), IFNULL(abs(st.ov_amount), bt.amount)) settled_amount,
        IFNULL(abs(dt.ov_amount/bt.amount), IFNULL(abs(st.ov_amount/bt.amount), 1)) settle_rate,
        IFNULL(debtor.curr_code, IFNULL(supplier.curr_code, act.bank_curr_code)) settle_curr

I understand this error doesn't occur on all MySQL versions. But I think other user might have this issue to. So can this fix sent to the repo?

16 (edited by apmuthu 11/10/2013 10:42:57 am)

@erwindebruin: Congrats. You have just snared a rare bug and provided both the fix and the reference to the issue that will help many projects.

In fact it is pertinent to quote the solution link for FA dev records:

Monday, December 7, 2009

MySQL: Error 1305 - Function xxx does not exist

I ran into an odd issue on a project I updated awhile ago. I updated an existing sql statement to include IFNULL for an exclusion check. It worked fine on my dev machine, but caused an issue on the production machine.

The version of MySQL on my dev machine was a little bit newer than production so the issue never came up. Here is the error the sql server returned:

#1305 - FUNCTION [DATABASE_NAME].ifnull does not exist

Here is a little bit of the sql that caused the error:

AND IFNULL ( `tbl_category_admin`.`admin_key_id` =5, true )

The problem was caused by the space between IFNULL and (. Changing it to IFNULL( solved the problem. If you run into an issue where MySQL returns an error saying a given function does not exist look for spaces between the function and the "(".

The affected file in the Repo can be browsed here (see second IFNULL in lines 69-71).

Unfortunately, only Joe Hunt and Janusz (@itronics) have commit (write) rights to the core Hg Repo. Their reason being that the project would only then have tight control of the code and these seem to have been gleaned from the experiences in the upstream WebERP and some other projects. It seems to have worked well so far.

Since the Official Git Mirror has not been updated in a while, I have now synched the Hg with my personal GitHub repo and included your fix as well.

After several months of it's existence, only now has one active fork (of the 11 present) begun to provide code pulls to enhance FA.

Patch attached for Joe / Janusz to update the HG repo.

Post's attachments

gl_db_bank_trans_patch.zip 521 b, 4 downloads since 2013-11-10 

The fix has been submitted to Hg repo, and git mirror is already in sync with Hg. Sorry for any inconveniences, the problem with mirroring was due to some bugs in older git versions, now omitted in syncing script.

Janusz

Janusz, Apmuthu,
thanks for paying attation to this problem. I really appreciate everybody's continuous work on making FA better and better!

All current HG fixes since release are available as a zip file in this post that can safely overwrite on a v2.3.19 install.

Post's attachments

FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19_20131120.zip 89.8 kb, 12 downloads since 2013-11-21 

20 (edited by apmuthu 01/04/2014 05:49:05 am)

All Current HG Repo fixes till 2014-01-04 with full slow query fix is available in the attachment to this post.

Post's attachments

FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19.zip 135.6 kb, 10 downloads since 2014-01-04 

Hi

i am new to FA and when i used it first time i found 2 bugs

1.when creating invoice or quotation
   while entering the product from drop down list after selecting product cant change the product untill product code is deleted and enter is pressed.

2.Sales/Reports and Analysis/Print Statements
when the display print is clicked it will print a blank page .only when show also allocated is selected  to yes will it print statement.
dont know if these two have been resolved or not.
Cheers
Rida

22 (edited by apmuthu 01/27/2014 11:09:51 am)

All HG Fixes since FA v2.3.19 was released till 2014-01-27 are attached to this post. Some have found issues in using unreleased code - See Forum Post. Hence use with care.

Post's attachments

FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19.zip 138.8 kb, 8 downloads since 2014-01-27