Topic: Track indivdual item location in an order?

Some of out products are clothing that is customized with printed logos and names - we need to be able to track the progress of an order - for example:

An order for a shirt, jumper and hoody - all with printing.

The Shirt is in stock but the other two items need to be ordered from the clothing supplier - but the in stock items are sent to the printer straight away.

So at any one time, each item in the order can be one of:

a. Waiting to be processed
b. At the printer
c. On order from supplier
d. Complete

Can FrontAccounting track of each item in an order like this? Either natively or with a plugin?

Thank you

Re: Track indivdual item location in an order?

The easiest way at the moment is to use different 'location', one for each different status.
(ex : WAITING, PRINTER, etc ...)

You'll have the to update manually the location of each order manually.

/Elax

Hi Elax

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have had a look at doing that - but it looks like I can only set one location for the whole order - what I need to be able to do is set the location for each item within the order!

Is there a way of doing it with BOMs?

Sean

Sorry I miss read your post.

You are right, but you can still move a item (if it already exists) from one location to another one. So if you order use the 'READY' location, and your t-shirt is initially in the 'WAITING'  one. You can move it (using location transfer) to WAITING to PRINTER etc, and you won't be able to dispatch the final order until there is something the item reach 'READY'

However, I'm a bit confused when you say order, do you mean sales order or work entry order ?

/Elax

Thanks

Would I be able to do that for an item in each order individually - as there will be multiple orders for each item?

At the moment I don't know - I am trying to find a solution for something we are currently doing manually on a spreadsheet!  I was thinking sales orders - but if there is a better way of doing it I am open to suggestions!

Sean

As I said, your item will probably 'live' in their location independently from the order. Therefore you should be able to use adjustement location to move more than one item at a time.
What type of volume are you speaking of (1 item a week or 1000 a day ?)

If you have a spreadsheet you can use my textcart module to transform a spreadsheet to a adjustemen location cart.

/Elax

Ah OK - so it can show, for example, 10 shirts in stock, 5 at the printer etc, is that right?  Total number of each item in each location?  What I really need is to have each item in each order identified by location.

Depends on the season - will be in the order of 30+ per week.

I will have a look at the module - thanks.

seank123 wrote:

Ah OK - so it can show, for example, 10 shirts in stock, 5 at the printer etc, is that right?  Total number of each item in each location?

Yes.

seank123 wrote:

What I really need is to have each item in each order identified by location.

Depends on the season - will be in the order of 30+ per week.

I will have a look at the module - thanks.

As I'm developping it, my version is always in front of the "official" one, so I'm not sure, if the "official" version can handle transfer location. Just let me know if you have any problem

/Elax

You Can also do it via work Orders in manufacturing indicating the bill of material.

The unprinted shirts will have a different stock number to the printed shirts. The unprinted shirts will then be part of the bill of material.

Create printing as a work centre.

You can then trace the uncompleted work orders and enter the labour and printing costs for the item.

Not sure if you will have to do it for each shirt or if you can do 30 or so at a time.

Wynand

I'm also looking for a way to link sales orders to work order.