Topic: Big problem, out of the blue!

I have been successfully using FrontAccounting 2.0.6 for a few months now, up until this morning.

I entered a few payments this morning, and everything was fine.

I went back to log in, I logged in successfully, and then I clicked on the Banking and General Ledger tab and it logged me out of the system. I closed my browser and reopened it and tried again but every time its the same thing. I log in, it takes me to the main menu, and no matter what option I click, it takes me back to the login page!

I have tried multiple browsers, and every user account. They all behave the same way.

Suddenly the system has become unusable. What on earth could have caused this?!

Re: Big problem, out of the blue!

Please set the $go_debug flag in config.php to 1. This will catch up errors.

/Joe

Thanks for your quick reply. Here's the errors:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_42ecdd7a42558decc583509b7582d644, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

I am going to keep looking into this... but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ok. It looks like I have it fixed. I have no idea why this happened.

To fix it I had to hard code the session save path to the proper path on the server. For some reason it was set to /var/php_sessions. This isn't right, and I don't think that value ever would have been right. I think someone at the host company screwed with the php config file.

Anyway, it seems to be working now. phew....