Topic: BOM creation

Hi,
We are using FA for quite som time for our trading purposes and are satisfied.

Recently we started a healthcare product manufacturing division, and hit a dead end. The scenario is as follows:

We are procuring some herbal extracts / essenses in kilograms and liters. But manufactured products are very small [say in presentations of 50gm / 50ml bottles]. In BOM, we can draw from inventory only in the UOM of the raw material, but we need to draw extremely small quantities [ about few grams/ml or even milligrams] per output bottle.

How do we do it?

Regards,

G P Mirji

Re: BOM creation

I guess you can have purchase price for the item with many decimals, so the roundingd are not too erroneos.

Joe

3 (edited by gpmirji 08/17/2012 06:32:15 am)

Hi, Thanks. Everything is working fine.

Can the following features be made available?

1. We have a product which itself is sold seperately as Item-A, and forms part of another manufacturing process resulting in another product Item-B. Now when we place a work order for Item-B, is it possible to automatically create corresponding work order for Item-A if it is understocked? Hope I am not asking for too much.

2. Instead of globally enabling / disabling negetive stock entries, can it be done specific to an Item?

3. When a work order is released and issue started, "Items to Issue" list should be restricted to the items as per the BoM of that particular product. It eliminates many errors. Or atleast the bill of material should be displayed on the same page.

Regards,

G P Mirji

Hi,

FA is very good application for single level production. but my production involves different process like dyeing, washing, cutting etc.

In very very short my question is how to add my items so that i can make item B from item A after doing some process and when i do this item A stock should be deducted from inventory and item B should be added in stock.

Below is some explanation of the above said problem.
how to handle the following problem using FA.

My finished product's BOM is item D (which use Item C which use Item B and final item B uses item A for production).

I purchase raw material (Item A) from my suppliers. Then i do different processes on it and at each levels item name become different. After process A item A become item b and after process B item b become item C and so on 3 to 4 different processes.

I have to do sale after any process (Raw material, process A, B, C, ...).

When do sale item should be deducted from inventory  say if i sold item D (Then item C, B, A) those are used in production item D production and so on.

I need help in how to register my items and how to create work orders and sales.

Normally we don't give support on how to set up items. But you can build items from another assembled/manufactured item. You can use the advanced manufacturing, where you can produce your item after demand.

Try for yourself on a Training Co. Also read about this in the Frontaccounting Wiki.

Joe

Hello Everyone...
I use frontaccounting it is very good but my company is a Lubricants company and may have different Bill of Material for the same Item/Product means one time one base oil is used while another time some other base oil is used but the product/item is same. Can we make different Bill of material for the same item..?
if someone or admin by himself  can help me, it will be much appreciated...Thanks

No, but you can have just one bill of items (could be service item ) and then you can issue extra items if you use the advanced assemply.

/Joe

Thanks...but if bill of material will be assigned to a product with respect to every order, means every order have a different bill of material then most of the companies like mine can be benefited, yet it can put some load on database but still it will be good...do keep this issue in mind while dealing with the next version...Thanks again...

Hi Joe...
as i told you before that if bill of material will be order based most of companies like mine will be benefited I am not higher level programmer like you people but I worked a bit upon it and till release a "work order" everything is ok but after producing that "work order" two things not happening.
1. Inventory item that are used are not deducted even produced item Inventory is updated.
2. GL entries are not shown.
what am I missing please guide me by showing the functions and tables where i should bring some changes and these two issues are resolved. I will be waiting for your response...Thanks

The workflow during Manufacturing is as follows:

When you create a Work Order (WO), you can select Advanced Manufacturing. There are several steps to go after that.
1. First release the WO. No material or GL transactions are done.
2. Issue extra items if needed. No  material of GL transactions are done.
3. Extra costs can be entered. GL transactions are done.
3. Productions of X items (part or all). The Bill of Material (BOM) and extra issued items are transfered. GL transactions are done.

It is not possible to change this behaviour without changing the whole manufacturing system.

/Joe

Sir if you can make manufacturing according to my company requirements means bill of materials for every work order must be different for same product...i will be thankful to you for this and I am also ready for payment...
An another alternative that can solve my problem When a product is manufactured then inventory is automatically updated means finish goods is increased and raw material are decreased...My problem is that please specify me all the related functions and paths where raw materials are deducted and stored back in inventory so, that inventory is updated for raw material that are used...will be waiting for your response...please help me sir...thanks

I am sorry Sir. We don't have the resources to help, but you can put a topic in the Jobs Wanted / Offered Forum.

/Joe