Topic: FrontAccounting Wiki

A Wiki for documentation, context sensitive help and developer sections have been established at:

Please read the instructions in Wiki GuideLines carefully to follow the structure for working with this Wiki.

For editing you will have to use the same username and password as from the Website Forum. If you are a Member you will have access to editing the Main and Help groups.

Please have a look at how the initial pages are set up.

There are several group of pages defined. Site (setup pages e.g. left side bar), Main (the initial documentation), Help (this is also direct accessable from a FrontAccounting Installation where the $help_base_url in config.php is set to "https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki?n=Help."). This is some kind of a Global Help Wiki. There is also a group for Devel (developers section for discussion and news about development).

We have changed status of some forum Members on the Forum to Senior Memeber. The selection is only our guess (based on forum activity) about who is more interested in development and/or other form of contributions like FA technical documentation. The list of Senior Members is in no way closed, and if you was not included in the group but you feel you should please send us a note via forum mailer, then we fix this situation asap. The only benefit for being Senior Member for now are edition rights granted in Devel section. Today we have a total of 10 Senior Members and 2 Administrators, Janusz and me.

Primarily we are interested in setting up the English content first, but we have established flags for selecting German, French, Spanish, Polish, Danish, Swedish, Dutch and Arabic languages. More to come later. There are page templates for most of these languages. Currently page templates are maintained by administrators. If you want to take care of any language specific page template ask administrators, and they will set edition rights to it for you.

We are also addressing this to all the Translators to kindly contribute to the wiki.

Hopefully we can get this wiki up in good shape and as soon as possible. It is strongly needed by the community.

Joe Hunt
Administrator

Re: FrontAccounting Wiki

Is it possible to get wiki on local machine?
Then I would be able to set $help_base_url in config.php to "http://localhost/fawiki?n=Help."

It is planned to be downloadable when the project is more majure. There is still a lot to be done on the wiki.
Until then you may put your link to this one.

/Joe

Is it possible for a forum member to edit the Wiki?
I tried with my forum name and password, but was rejected.

Not all the wiki sections are free for edition, but most of them are.

Hello Joe..

My Name is Herna, nice to meet you,,
and i want to ask you..
how do u posting from FrontAccounting??
please, tell me about it,,,
thx

Hello ad1t.

I am not sure I understand your question. If you mean how we communicate with the users, well this is one of the places. We also have News on Sourceforge and news on the Website.
We also have some miailing lists, developers and a more general mailing list. These can be found on the Sourceforge project page, were you also can subscribe to the lists.

/Joe

My point is what are the features commonly used in applied posting FrontAccounting

thx
ad1t

Hi Guys
I've just a made a few updates to the Wiki as I was finding out about Items and Item Categories. I also update Quick Entry with a new example. I also updated the Dev section with some info on the config_db.php file. Basically, as I sort out things on my own system and learn about it, I'll update the wiki.

I'm happy to make a few more entries: are there any areas in particular in the Wiki you'd think could benefit most from new info? If you name them, I'll have a go.
Cheers
Pete

ad1t wrote:

My point is what are the features commonly used in applied posting FrontAccounting

thx
ad1t

Answer: all of them lol.
If you have a question that can be answered, do some research on the site first eg. the Wiki, then ask it. Pointlessly vague, or lazy questions usually get no response.

I have recently added some pages to the Wiki.  One of them has been subsequently changed. The person changing it took perfectly good English and made it grammatically incorrect.  I could change it back but we could end up competing.  Is there a moderator type function we can call on?

Note: The page in question is GL Account Classes. 'Chart of Accounts' is singular so you should use 'is' not 'are', e.g. The Chart of Accounts is.  If it were Charts of Account then it would be plural.

Hello surreyhills,

Inside the Wiki, there is a menu link up right, Recent Changes. You should be able to see who has changed the page.

However, I guess the page is ok now.

Joe

The said page history shows that on Aug 21st, 2012 @surreyhills changed it to the incorrect version:
"Chart of Accounts within FrontAccounting are ..."