Topic: 2.01 not working propperly for me

I recently upgraded from 1.16 to 2.01.

I followed the instructions on the website to the letter, and I could log in and get to the new main screen of 2.01 without any problems.

As I started to use it and try out various functions, I am continually getting database errors.  Examples include:

New Sales Order Entry:

DATABASE ERROR : Customer Record Retreive
error code : 1054
error message : Unknown column '0_sales_types.tax_included' in 'field list'
sql that failed was : SELECT 0_debtors_master.name, 0_debtors_master.address, 0_credit_status.dissallow_invoices, 0_debtors_master.sales_type AS salestype, 0_sales_types.sales_type, 0_sales_types.tax_included, 0_sales_types.factor, 0_debtors_master.curr_code, 0_debtors_master.discount FROM 0_debtors_master, 0_credit_status, 0_sales_types WHERE 0_debtors_master.sales_type=0_sales_types.id AND 0_debtors_master.credit_status=0_credit_status.id AND 0_debtors_master.debtor_no = '1'

Updating Preferences:

DATABASE ERROR : could not update user display prefs for swake
error message : Unknown column 'show_hints' in 'field list'
sql that failed was : UPDATE 0_users SET prices_dec='2', qty_dec='0', rates_dec='6', percent_dec='1', show_gl='1', show_codes='1', date_format='1', date_sep='0', tho_sep='0', dec_sep='0', theme='default', page_size='A4', show_hints=0 WHERE user_id = 'swake'

Attempting to view transaction detail:

DATABASE ERROR : Cannot retreive a debtor transaction
error message : Unknown column 'ov_freight_tax' in 'field list'
sql that failed was : SELECT 0_debtor_trans.*, ov_amount+ov_gst+ov_freight+ov_freight_tax+ov_discount AS Total, 0_debtors_master.name AS DebtorName, 0_debtors_master.address, 0_debtors_master.email AS email2, 0_debtors_master.curr_code, 0_debtors_master.tax_id, 0_debtors_master.payment_terms , 0_bank_accounts.bank_name, 0_bank_accounts.bank_account_name, 0_bank_trans_types.name AS BankTransType FROM 0_debtor_trans, 0_debtors_master , 0_bank_trans, 0_bank_accounts, 0_bank_trans_types WHERE 0_debtor_trans.trans_no=17 AND 0_debtor_trans.type=12 AND 0_debtor_trans.debtor_no=0_debtors_master.debtor_no AND 0_bank_trans.trans_no =17 AND 0_bank_trans.type=12 AND 0_bank_trans_types.id = 0_bank_trans.bank_trans_type_id AND 0_bank_accounts.account_code=0_bank_trans.bank_act

I am getting error reports like this on probably about 40-50% of the functions that I am trying to use.

Can someone please advise me how to rectify this?

Thanks

Re: 2.01 not working propperly for me

There should be a script in the root folder, called update_db.php. Run this script twice. The first time you should include the file alter.sql from the /sql folder. The second time you should include the file alter2.sql from the /sql folder. After that everything should run.
You are simply running the 1.16 database on the 2.0.1 release and there are several changes to the database structure.
There should be instructions in the update.html about that. Probably not very easy to find sad

/Joe

3 (edited by bigrig 09/17/2008 03:12:58 pm)

I tried that but get the following error:

Wrong user name or password - Access denied for user 'swake'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

This is even though I am entering the correct details for the database, ans all the appropriate directories specified are fully writable.

I tried creating a new database user and running the update again with the same login error:

If I make a back up of my company SQL files, and do a completely new install will I be able to restore the 1.16 Company SQL files into 2.01?

NO you can not get your 1.16 data into a 2.0.1 version that way.
This is mysteriously. There must be something with the database user/password. You can check in the file config_db.inc for the correct data to give to the update_db.php. Please try and check this. I have never heard this error before if the data is correct.

/Joe

Joe,

I replied to you privately with my database login details so you can see what I'm doing

Stephen