Topic: Language Installation/use bug

Hello people/Joe,

I'm here again... I think you will see me arround for a while. I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I'd like to offer my help collaborating on this project, if anyone knows please tell me how can I join the team.

Ok, here is what I found:

1) When you try to use another language the system asks you for the MO file. Looking on the gettext.php I found that actually it uses the PO file, not the MO. So I tryed to upload the PO file, but here comes the next bug.

2) When you try to upload a PO file Frontaccount changes the name to .MO, it is still a PO file but with other name and in that way it doesn't work.

How did I make it work? first I uploaded the PO file (Frontaccount renamed it from .PO to .MO) then I went to the filesystem and changed the extension from .MO to .PO and EUREKA!! everything work like charm!!!

Thank you very much Joe for your help, and I hope this could help somebody else to install new languages.

See you,

Alfred

Re: Language Installation/use bug

Hello all and especially Alfred.

I think I see the problem. When the GETTEXT is not installed on the server, FrontAccounting will create a PHP file from the PO file. But there is no PO file there, therefore it will fail. You then tried to upload a PO file instead of a MO file, but FrontAccounting renamed it to a MO file.
The solution here is to have two upload fields. One for the PO file and one for the MO file. This way we would be sure that either way the new language files will work.
I will change the Install routine, so this would eliminate the problems.
Of course you could have uploaded the PO file by FTP, but you wouldn't know what the problem was, right?

Thanks Alfred, for pointing this out for us.

Joe

Re: Language Installation/use bug

Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, I could have uploaded the file by FTP but I should have installed it first with frontaccounting in order to use it.

Anyways I have it working perfectly fine now, you have done a very good job with this software, it's great.

Thanks,

Alfred